Fallout: New Vegas locations project
El Rey Motel
The El Rey Motel
The El Rey Motel is a location in the Mojave Wasteland, located south of Freeside, directly west of Camp McCarran. Its location suggests that it catered primarily to travelers to McCarran International Airport before the war.
The El Rey Motel is a motel similar in appearance to the Dino Dee-lite Motel in Novac. However, it is a great deal more dilapidated, and its inhabitants seem to be mostly destitute chem addicts. Most of the doors to the rooms of the El Rey motel are blocked up by debris and are therefore inaccessible. The exceptions are one room on the bottom floor, which is filled with bark scorpions, and two rooms on the top floor with notable loot (both have Very Easy locks). The room on the bottom floor belonged to someone who borrowed money from a loan shark but failed to return it. Upon entering one of the rooms on the top floor, the player is attacked by a crazed chem addict.
- Threatening note from an unknown moneylender in the only accessible downstairs room.
- A Sunset Sarsaparilla star bottle cap in the first room from the left on the top floor, on the first bookshelf on your left.
- A Nuka-Cola Victory, 3rd room from the left on the top floor.
- The El Rey Motel is seen during the intro of Fallout: New Vegas as an NCR Veteran Ranger fires from the Fabulous New Vegas Sign at a Fiend at the motel with an anti-materiel rifle.
- The map that comes with the Fallout: New Vegas Official Game Guide incorrectly shows the El Rey Motel as a factory, not a building which it is in-game, on the Pip-Boy map.
- In a room that is the 3rd door from the left on the top floor, there is a random sign for the Super-Duper Mart, which is found only in Fallout 3.
El Rey Motel appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
Behind the scenesEdit
- There is an actual El Rey Motel in Searchlight, Nevada near Cottonwood Cove.
- "El Rey" is also Spanish for "The King".