The El Rey Motel is a location in the Mojave Wasteland, located south of Freeside and directly west of Camp McCarran. Its location suggests that it catered primarily to travelers to McCarran International Airport before the war.
The El Rey Motel is a motel similar in appearance to the Dino Dee-lite Motel in Novac. However, the El Rey is a great deal more dilapidated, and its inhabitants seem to be mostly destitute chem addicts. Most of the doors to the rooms of the El Rey motel are blocked up by debris and are therefore inaccessible. The exceptions are one room on the bottom floor, which is filled with bark scorpions and a dead Wastelander, and two rooms on the top floor with notable loot (both have Very Easy locks). The room on the bottom floor belonged to someone who borrowed money from a loan shark but failed to return it. One of the rooms on the top floor houses a hostile crazed chem addict, while the other also contains a dead Wastelander.
- Threatening note from an unknown moneylender in the only accessible downstairs room on the table.
- A Sunset Sarsaparilla star bottle cap in the first room from the left on the top floor, on the first bookshelf on the left.
- A Nuka-Cola Victory, third room from the left on the top floor.
- The El Rey Motel is seen during the intro of Fallout: New Vegas as an NCR Veteran Ranger fires from the Fabulous New Vegas sign at a Fiend at the motel with an anti-materiel rifle.
- The map that comes with the Fallout: New Vegas Official Game Guide incorrectly shows the El Rey Motel as a factory, not a building which it is in-game, on the Pip-Boy map.
- In a room that is the third door from the left on the top floor, there is a poster for the Super-Duper Mart.
El Rey Motel appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
Behind the scenesEdit
- There is an actual El Rey Motel in Searchlight, Nevada near Cottonwood Cove.
- El Rey is Spanish for "The King".