Fallout: New Vegas locations project
Bug Verification Project
El Dorado substation
The power substation building
My folks back home have lights at night thanks to what we're doing here.”— NCR trooper, Fallout: New Vegas
The El Dorado substation is a power sub-station near HELIOS One, occupied by the New California Republic. Located south-west of Vault 11, north-west of El Dorado Dry Lake and to the north of HELIOS One.
Taking the incredible energy from HELIOS One and converting it into usable electricity occurs here, at the substation and adjacent transformer yard, both of which are guarded by NCR troops.
The location consists of a single building and a large array of transformers. The building itself is a tall concrete structure with a garage door entrance and a barricaded side door. In front of the building, on its east side is an empty dumpster and several feet from the north side's outer wall is a collapsed power line frame. There are eight NCR troopers guarding the area, one being a sergeant, some of which may be sleeping in the building.
As you approach the building you are told by a guard not to enter the building or fenced-in area. If they catch you doing either, they will shoot on sight.
- Sunset Sarsaparilla star bottle cap on trash can.
- Wild Card: Finishing Touches, and The House Always Wins require you to upload an Override Chip on a terminal at the substation inside the control room.
- The friendly trooper, once triggered to approach you, will chase you until she can deliver the message, even all the way to the gates of Freeside.
- The soldiers and the sergeant will respawn if killed.
- No matter your reputation with the NCR, the troopers will not allow you to enter either restricted area.
- Using the override chip, even if you do it without getting caught, will result in NCR infamy, albeit a trivial amount that won't change your standing on its own.
The El Dorado substation appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
- xbox360 ps3 Upon exiting the substation the door will say "Open Door to Crimson Caravans". [verified]
- pc Sometimes the soldiers may not spawn at all. [verified]