The Eat'o'tronic 3000 is a food and chem dispenser found in various places across the Capital Wasteland, and more sparsely in the Mojave Wasteland. They hold various prepackaged snacks, stimpaks, or even Mentats. Machines can be found in various locations, such as Metro Stations, hospitals, and offices.
The following items can be found in various Eat'o'tronic 3000 machines:
- There are a total of 50 Eat'o'tronic 3000 machines scattered throughout the Capital Wasteland.
- These machines are a good source of Sugar Bombs, which help with the unmarked side quest, Murphy's Bombing Run.
- The Eat'o'tronic inside the Derelict Power Plant, near MDPL-13 Power Station, contains an assault rifle.
- The Eat'o'tronic in the basement of the Chryslus Building contains 3 pack of cigarettes and 2 bottles of whiskey, the only noted so far to have alcohol and/or cigarettes in it.
- Taking the food from the Eat'o'Tronic in Tenpenny Tower is considered a crime.
- It seems that if you open one and then leave an area, when you come back, it may be closed and impossible to open a second time.
- Eat'o'tronics are the only type of item storage which is not actually a 'container' as such, where upon opening the hatch, the contents are actually physical objects placed in the world as opposed to items listed in a container dialogue.
- Eat'o'tronics also appear in the Mojave Wasteland.
- In Fallout 3, they were originally named Eat-A-Tronic 5000s.