The Dam powers a lot of New Vegas. And then there's all that clean water lying in Lake Mead, too. Anybody who owns the Dam owns the territory.”
Easy Pete used to be a prospector looking for working tech, chems and guns to sell. Pete mentions that he once hit a "...real good claim out east by the river" but then mentions how he got run off by raiders. He eventually got tired of the prospector life and decided to settle in Goodsprings, where he now watches over a herd of bighorners. He also occupies a house in Goodsprings where the Courier can take anything without negative Karma, as well as having the option to sleep on the bed since the bed isn't actually classified as being owned by Easy Pete.
Interactions with the player characterEdit
- Ghost Town Gunfight: The Courier can persuade him to hand over some dynamite to help defeat the Powder Gangers or to actually take part in fighting them. The Courier will need an Explosives skill of 25 to convince Pete to hand over the dynamite.
- Run Goodsprings Run: If helping the Powder Gangers, Easy Pete will need to be killed.
|Apparel||Weapon||Other items||On death|
|Cattleman cowboy hat
Field hand outfit
.357 magnum revolver
- Easy Pete is one of the only non-player characters outside Caesar's Legion, besides Marcus, Follows-Chalk and Salt-Upon-Wounds that pronounces Caesar with the traditional Latin pronunciation /ˈkaisar/, rather than /ˈsiːzər/.
- Easy Pete claims he has a buried dynamite stash somewhere.
- If Easy Pete is not at home or in his chair, he can be found in his booth in the Goodsprings saloon eating or drinking.
- "Now I just take it easy and help out with the Brahmins and Bighorners."
- "The Dam powers a lot of New Vegas. And then there's all that clean water lying in Lake Mead, too. Anybody who owns the Dam owns the territory."
- "They're slavers, led by a guy named Caesar. Or Caesar. Not sure how you're supposed to say it. A couple of years ago they tried to take over Hoover Dam, but the NCR beat them back. The NCR didn't - or couldn't - finish the job, though. The Legion's got its strength back and is getting ready for another round at the Dam. My money's still on the NCR winning, but you never know. We've been hearing stories about Legionaries on the Nevada side of the river, so keep a gun handy. You don't want to get caught by them."
Easy Pete appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
- ps3 pc xbox360 As the Courier leaves Goodsprings and progresses further in the main quest line, Easy Pete will travel to Black Mountain. [verified]
- pc xbox360 Sometimes Easy Pete will disappear for a day and cannot be found in his chair, his house or his booth in the Prospector Saloon. [verified]