With my blood I do swear my life to the Judge and his Jury until the end, upon pain of torture and death.”— Blood Contract
East Boston Preparatory school is a raider hideout. Every raider holds a blood contract which states their loyalty to the judge and his jury. Terminals on the third floor suggests that torture is used to gain new members. If torture is not enough to get the victim to sign the blood contract, then they are killed.
The building is three stories tall with the first flight of stairs next to the main entrance. The first floor is blocked mostly by debris but can be maneuvered through using classrooms. Across from the entrance is a pair of chained doors that can only be accessed by the second floor. Further down the hallway is another chained door, near which an exit to the Commonwealth can be found.
Across from the initial stairwell, through a restroom, lies a stage facility where the judge and his jury presumably meet and is hinted to hold executions as well. Hop down to open the chained double doors to the entrance. Adjacent to the second floor hallway, are two classrooms connected to each other. At the end of the hallway, lies a staircase on your right and a classroom directly ahead. The classroom allows the player character to jump down to the first floor and reach an inaccessible room with a Book Return. The stairwell leads to the third floor.
On the third floor there is loot including many ammo boxes. There are cells containing prisoners who can be freed by picking the cell doors (novice), and terminals which detail the torturing of recruits. A set of cell keys can be found beside one of the terminals.
- Astoundingly Awesome Tales #14 - Found on the third floor, in the southeast room full of busted out terminals. It is sitting on the desk on the east side of the room, in between two terminals.
- Mini nuke - On the second floor, in the classroom in the middle of the map, near a chemistry station. This is the same classroom as the third lunchbox, on top of a beaker stand. Be wary as there is a frag mine nearby.
- Cell key - On a desk with a terminal in the large room on the top floor, opens all cell doors.
- Seven Vault-Tec lunchboxes.
- The first is in the classroom to the right of the entrance. Go inside and look to the right for an office, it is on the desk.
- The second is at the end of the first floor hallway, to the left, under a flight of stairs, sitting on a school desk.
- The third is on the second floor above the first classroom. Cross through here to the second classroom and look on the floor to the left as you enter the room (underneath a pile of blue chairs) to find the third lunchbox.
- The fourth and fifth can be acquired from the stage location on the ground on the left and right side of the walls.
- The sixth is in the classroom at the end of the second floor hallway. It is in a corner, next to a hole. Be careful however as it is near a frag mine that can destroy it and render it uncollectable.
- For the seventh, drop down into the room below and move to the adjacent room that isn't accessed by a door. It is on a book shelf on the wall hugging the hallway.
- Seven overdue books:
- One in a locker in the hallway on the first floor.
- Two in the toilets, one in a urinal and one in a toilet on the second floor.
- One on a student's desk in the class room connecting to the science lab on the second floor.
- Two in the music room, one on student's desk and one on the teacher's desk on the second floor.
- One on a student's desk in a class room connecting to the music room on the second floor.
- Kidnapping - A group of raiders can take up residence in this location after they have kidnapped a settler. The Sole Survivor is required to come here and free the settler.
- Prep School - You are asked by Kessler to kill Zeller and his gang who have been increasing their extortion demands to Bunker Hill.
- Reclamation - Alana Secord will send the Sole Survivor here to rescue a synth, captured by raiders during a patrol.
- Remains of a wrecked jet airliner can be found on site.
- You can find a set of Gary blocks in a box.
- There is a weapons workbench in the theater/execution room behind the chained double doors accessible from the second level.
- In the theater, the front edge of the stage is incorrectly labeled with stage directions. "Stage left" and "stage right" refer to left and right from the actors perspective, whereas "house left" and "house right" refer to the perspective of the audience. The signs on the stage should be reversed.
- On the second floor, there is a science lab where if the player decided to join The Railroad, their codename shows up scribbled out along with a line and a question mark underneath it.
The East Boston Preparatory School appears only in Fallout 4.
Behind the scenesEdit
|The following is based on unverified behind the scenes information and has not been confirmed by canon sources.|
- Inside is a terminal listing different methods the raiders chose to torture and initiate others into a blood pact. One of these initiates, "Beggar" was tortured with beatings and starvation, but finally signed the pact when threatened with death by rats. This is a direct reference to the novel "1984" by George Orwell, where the protagonist, Winston Smith, is tortured by Party loyalist, O'Brien. O'Brien tries many methods to break Winston's will, and finally succeeds when he discovers that Winston is deathly afraid of rats.
|End of information based on unverified behind the scenes information.|