| ||For an overview of all dynamite in the Fallout series, see Dynamite.|
A high explosive, consisting of nitroglycerin mixed with the absorbent substance kiselguhr. Includes a timer.”— Fallout 2 In-game description
Dynamite is relatively common, and can be found - or stolen - in many places in the Wasteland. Military facilities often stock dynamite, and mining operations of any type often carry supplies. Dynamite is also a somewhat common item in shops, and can be purchased for reasonable prices with a decent Barter skill.
Dynamite has a timer that can be set to anywhere between 10 seconds and 3 minutes, in 10-second increments.
- 1 bundle can be found in a fridge at the Khan Base.
- Another can be found in a locker on the third floor of Vault 15.
- Tine the underground merchant in the Boneyard sells them.
- Some can be found on a corpse on Level 2 of the Glow.
- 1 bundle can be found in the desk at the entrance of the motel in Necropolis.
- 2 bundles can be found in a locker on the east side of Level 4 of the Mariposa Military Base.
- The Rat Caves, on a shelf in the third area.
- Jo in Modoc may sell dynamite.
- Found on Ed's skeleton under some rocks outside the Great wanamingo mine.
- Some bundles of dynamite can be find in a shack outside of the Mariposa Military Base.
- Dynamite can sometimes have "premature" detonations with bad luck.
- Dynamite can be dropped near wooden doors to destroy them. This can be used to bypass locked doors if the player is unable to pick the lock.
- fo1 Dynamite can be used in the radscorpion cave, near Shady Sands. It is used on the "failing" rock support, at the entrance. This can be used as an easier way to finish the quest.
- fo2 Dynamite can be used in the Modoc caves to open a passage deeper into the caves. This is necessary to find Cornelius' gold watch.