Fallout: New Vegas locations project
It's where my tribe was taken. Where another history was put to the blade, lesson taught. It is where we realized Vulpes did not approach us as equals. Where we realized the wolf had come, and we watched our history die. Now it belongs to Legion... and all the death there now belongs to them as well. Not revenge... just the way of things when you own them.”— Ulysses
Dry Wells consists of several burned tents and crumbling buildings along a road from an irradiated stretch of the river, ending in a large crater. Attempting to enter the crater will cause the Courier to die instantly. Several burned tents are also scattered about the area, along with numerous ammunition boxes and weapons crates. The entire camp is filled with irradiated legionaries and irradiated legion explorers, along with their centurion, Gaius Magnus.
- Armor of the 87th Tribe - Worn by Gaius Magnus.
- Red Victory grenade rifle - In a gun case inside a burned tent on a cliff beside broken tower still standing, overlooking the eastern side of camp.
- "Missing" shipment - in the same gun case as the Red Victory grenade rifle.
- High level armor (Combat armor, reinforced mark 2), T-45d or T-51b power armor) located on a ledge to the east. To get there, look for a concrete slab leaning on a ledge; climb up to find the metal box and various other ammo boxes and first aid kits.
- Unlike nearly every other location introduced through add-ons, companions can travel to Dry Wells and the Long 15 with the player. This is due to Dry Wells being in the Mojave, rather than an entirely new area (i.e., Big MT, Zion National Park, etc.)
- Some Legion explorers may be using Stealth Boys when you enter the area.
- Due to the high level of radiation, irradiated legionaries regenerate health very quickly.
- In the back of the map behind a boat, there are a couple of crates which spawn random loot.
- You may only enter if you chose to nuke the Legion in the quest The Apocalypse.
- Killing any irradiated Legion troops will yield Legion infamy. This makes it difficult to obtain the Armor of the 87th Tribe and remain on good terms with the Legion.
- Approaching the edge of the blast crater (the far end of the site when fast-traveling there) will result in a radiation level of up to 35 rads/sec, as opposed to 20/sec max in the Long 15. Jumping into the crater in either location will result in a massive spike in this rad rate. Also, the amount of radiation increases exponentially as the player approaches the crater in Dry Wells, as opposed to a more linear increase in the Long 15. This reaches a maximum at 250 rads/sec in the dead center of the crater, killing in 4 seconds without any protection.
- A black outline of a person who was vaporized by the nuke can be found on the back of the furthest building facing the crater.
- Rather than blocking off the river north, trying to swim upstream will simply bring up the message, "You can't swim any further in this direction", and you will hit an invisible wall.