The Ex-B (Explosive-bolt) is apparently an alien experiment in equipping the guardian drone model with a cannon that fires energy balls that explode on impact, instead of bouncing around. The Ex-B has a very long range if you manually angle the shot correctly. For example, you can be well outside Evergreen Mills and still hit the trapped super mutant behemoth. The Ex-B can also work underwater.
The drone cannon is an ineffective V.A.T.S. weapon, as the fired projectile will arc towards its target; since the game doesn't compensate for gravity in V.A.T.S., this can leave the projectile several meters away from its intended target.
The drone cannon Ex-B can successfully fire about 417 times from full condition before breaking, the same amount as a normal drone cannon.
- Drone cannon Mothership Zeta (add-on)
|Weapon name (current weapon is highlighted)||- Weapon name (melee or unarmed)||Attacks in V.A.T.S.||- Attacks in V.A.T.S.|
|Weapon name (current weapon is highlighted)||- Weapon name (gun, energy or explosive)||Action point cost||- Action point cost|
|Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||- Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||Damage per action point||- Damage per action point|
|Damage per second||- Damage per second||Weapon spread||- Weapon spread|
|Area of effect damage||- Area of effect damage||Magazine capacity (shots per reload)||- Magazine capacity (shots per reload)|
|Effect damage & duration||- Effect damage & duration||Durability (number of attacks before breaking)||- Durability (number of attacks before breaking)|
|Bonus effects||- Bonus effects||Weight||- Weight|
|Attacks per second||- Attacks per second||Value in caps||- Value in caps|
|Critical chance % multiplier||- Critical chance % multiplier||Value to weight ratio||- Value to weight ratio|
|Critical damage||- Critical damage||Skill required||- Skill required|
|Critical effect damage & duration||- Critical effect damage & duration||Strength required||- Strength required|
|With all mods attached||- With all mods attached|
|Weapon name (current weapon is highlighted)||Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||Damage per second||Area of effect damage||Bonus effects||Attacks per second||Critical Chance % multiplier||Critical damage||Action Point cost||Damage per action point||Weapon spread||Magazine capacity (shots per reload)||Durability (number of attacks before breaking)||Weight||Value in caps||Value to weight ratio|
|Drone cannon fo3mz||40||466.7||100||Timed detonation||3.33||x1||50||30||4.7||0.5||1||417||18||1999||111.1|
|Drone cannon Ex-B fo3mz||40||466.7||100||Impact detonation||3.33||x1||50||30||4.7||0.5||1||417||18||1999||111.1|
In the Weapons Lab, there is a room where you can spawn brahmin for the drones to kill. Enter the room and kill the drone for the weapon. There is also a second one in the same room that is automatically activated when the first is destroyed.
- xbox360 ps3 pc When shot, the projectile will occasionally pass through walls or the floor and do nothing.
- xbox360 ps3 pc In some accounts, when shot the projectile will just disappear as soon as it hits the target, damaging it but not exploding.
- xbox360 pc When shot into deep water, the projectile will disappear, and then reappear and seemingly "float" in place on the surface without exploding.
- xbox360 ps3 pc In V.A.T.S. mode, the Ex-B seems to aim like a normal drone cannon, landing short of the enemy as if expecting the projectile to bounce.
- xbox360 ps3 The Pip Boy recognizes the Ex-B as an unobtainable (obtainable only through console commands) weapon, evident in its picture (which is also missing).