The Ex-B (explosive-bolt) is an alien experiment that involves equipping the guardian drone model of defensive robot with a cannon that fires spheres of energy that explode upon impact. The Ex-B has a very long range, and if aimed manually, can be used as an effective sniper. The Ex-B can be shot effectively underwater without adverse effects. This variation allows the fired projectile to bounce off solid objects once.
The drone cannon, however, is an ineffective V.A.T.S. weapon, as the fired projectiles will arc toward their targets; since the game does not compensate for gravity in V.A.T.S., this can leave projectiles several meters away from their intended targets.
The drone cannon Ex-B can successfully fire about 417 times from full condition before breaking; the same amount as a normal drone cannon.
Drone cannon Mothership Zeta (add-on)
|Weapon name (current weapon is highlighted)||- Weapon name (melee or unarmed)||Attacks in V.A.T.S.||- Attacks in V.A.T.S.|
|Weapon name (current weapon is highlighted)||- Weapon name (gun, energy or explosive)||Action point cost||- Action point cost|
|Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||- Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||Damage per action point||- Damage per action point|
|Damage per second||- Damage per second||Weapon spread||- Weapon spread|
|Area of effect damage||- Area of effect damage||Magazine capacity (shots per reload)||- Magazine capacity (shots per reload)|
|Effect damage & duration||- Effect damage & duration||Durability (number of attacks before breaking)||- Durability (number of attacks before breaking)|
|Bonus effects||- Bonus effects||Weight||- Weight|
|Attacks per second||- Attacks per second||Value in caps||- Value in caps|
|Critical chance % multiplier||- Critical chance % multiplier||Value to weight ratio||- Value to weight ratio|
|Critical damage||- Critical damage||Skill required||- Skill required|
|Critical effect damage & duration||- Critical effect damage & duration||Strength required||- Strength required|
|With all mods attached||- With all mods attached|
|Weapon name (current weapon is highlighted)||Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||Damage per second||Area of effect damage||Bonus effects||Attacks per second||Critical Chance % multiplier||Critical damage||Action Point cost||Damage per action point||Weapon spread||Magazine capacity (shots per reload)||Durability (number of attacks before breaking)||Weight||Value in caps||Value to weight ratio|
|Drone cannon fo3mz||40||466.7||100||Timed detonation||3.33||x1||50||30||4.7||0.5||1||417||18||1999||111.1|
|Drone cannon Ex-B fo3mz||40||466.7||100||Impact detonation||3.33||x1||50||30||4.7||0.5||1||417||18||1999||111.1|
In the southern area of the weapons lab, there is a room where one can use a nearby button to spawn-in brahmin for the drones to kill (not the room next to the shooting range, but the room next to the weapons cache). Enter the room and kill the drone for the weapon. There is also a second one in the same room that is automatically activated when the first is destroyed.
- xbox360 ps3 pc When shot, the projectile will occasionally pass through walls or the floor and do nothing. [verified]
- xbox360 ps3 pc In some accounts, when shot, the projectile will just disappear as soon as it hits the target, damaging it but not exploding. [verified]
- xbox360 pc When shot into deep water, the projectile will disappear, and then reappear and seemingly "float" in place on the surface without exploding. Projectiles fired onto the floating projectile will attach and stack, also without exploding. [verified]
- xbox360 ps3 pc In V.A.T.S. mode, the Ex-B seems to aim like a normal drone cannon, landing short of the enemy as if expecting the projectile to bounce. [verified]
- ps3 On some occasions, the cannon will fire the projectile but will bounce off surfaces and not explode. [verified]
| || |