It is the removed arm cannon of a guardian drone. It fires a ball of energy that acts as a grenade, bouncing and then exploding after a period of about 3 seconds. The projectile has the ability to move buses and cars before exploding.
This weapon is hard to use at first, but once one understands its operation, it becomes an extremely devastating weapon.
A direct hit from the ball of energy will also deal a high amount of damage, and hitting a target's middle to upper body will usually result in the ball dropping straight down before exploding, making it a good way to hit specific targets with the explosion.
When fired into water, the projectile will continue normally, bouncing off any obstructions under the water. It will explode normally like other explosives.
The drone cannon can successfully fire about 417 times from full condition before breaking.
- Drone cannon Ex-B Mothership Zeta (add-on) - it has increased range over the drone cannon, and the projectiles fired from it explode on impact while still arcing, unlike the bouncy drone cannon shot.
|Weapon name (current weapon is highlighted)||- Weapon name (melee or unarmed)||Attacks in V.A.T.S.||- Attacks in V.A.T.S.|
|Weapon name (current weapon is highlighted)||- Weapon name (gun, energy or explosive)||Action point cost||- Action point cost|
|Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||- Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||Damage per action point||- Damage per action point|
|Damage per second||- Damage per second||Weapon spread||- Weapon spread|
|Area of effect damage||- Area of effect damage||Magazine capacity (shots per reload)||- Magazine capacity (shots per reload)|
|Effect damage & duration||- Effect damage & duration||Durability (number of attacks before breaking)||- Durability (number of attacks before breaking)|
|Bonus effects||- Bonus effects||Weight||- Weight|
|Attacks per second||- Attacks per second||Value in caps||- Value in caps|
|Critical chance % multiplier||- Critical chance % multiplier||Value to weight ratio||- Value to weight ratio|
|Critical damage||- Critical damage||Skill required||- Skill required|
|Critical effect damage & duration||- Critical effect damage & duration||Strength required||- Strength required|
|With all mods attached||- With all mods attached|
|Weapon name (current weapon is highlighted)||Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||Damage per second||Area of effect damage||Bonus effects||Attacks per second||Critical Chance % multiplier||Critical damage||Action Point cost||Damage per action point||Weapon spread||Magazine capacity (shots per reload)||Durability (number of attacks before breaking)||Weight||Value in caps||Value to weight ratio|
|Drone cannon fo3mz||40||466.7||100||Timed detonation||3.33||x1||50||30||4.7||0.5||1||417||18||1999||111.1|
|Drone cannon Ex-B fo3mz||40||466.7||100||Impact detonation||3.33||x1||50||30||4.7||0.5||1||417||18||1999||111.1|
- pc ps3 xbox360 When taking the cannon from a drone, it has no icon (PipOS Error - 26 [File Not Found]). This may be intentional by design, due to the weapon's alien origins, thus the 'PipOS' not recognizing it. [verified]
- pc ps3 xbox360 When examining a cannon dropped by a drone in the normal worldview (not by searching the drone's inventory), it will always show a value of 999 caps (app. half CND) regardless of the weapon's actual quality. This could also not be a bug and be deliberate, since the 'PipOS' does not recognize it and gives it a default value in caps. [verified]
- xbox360 ps3 When examining the drone cannon while in a guardian drone's inventory, the condition, damage, and value are at its highest (Full CND,152 DMG, Value:1999 caps) but when examining the drone cannon in the Wanderer's inventory, it will show its true statistics e.g. 3/4 CND,129 DMG, Value:1357 caps. [verified]
- xbox360 If one equips a drone cannon while wearing Enclave Tesla armor, the coils on the back of the chest piece will disappear. [verified]
| || |