Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
It visually differs from the regular scientist glove, in that it is a darker color and bears a skull badge. When using this glove in combat, it emits a small electronic pulse, much like that of the LAER. On successful hits, the weapon has an object effect called "MADNESS!!!", which reduces the target's Energy Weapons skill and Perception significantly. "Mad Science Attack!" is the critical effect that causes knockback and frenzies enemies on a Critical Hit. Combined with its high critical multiplier, the frenzy effect makes it very useful as a crowd control weapon. However, the frenzy effect also effects friendly targets that are hit, including companions once they are fired.
V.A.T.S. Special AttacksEdit
|Type of attack||- Type of attack||Skill required||- Skill required|
|Damage per attack in V.A.T.S.||- Damage per attack in V.A.T.S.||Action point cost||- Action point cost|
|Damage per action point||- Damage per action point||Additional effects||- Additional effects|
|Type of attack||Skill required||Damage per attack in V.A.T.S.||Action point cost||Damage per action point||Additional effects|
|Stomp||50||112||20||5.6||Only on knocked down enemies|
|Cross||75||61.6||20||3.08||2.5x damage to limbs|
- Note: Unarmed weapons do double normal damage in V.A.T.S.
Dr. Mobius' glove can successfully strike about 495 times from full condition before breaking.
- Scientist glove - The common variant found in Fallout: New Vegas.
- Corrosive glove - A semi-unique variant found in the Z-43 innovative toxins plant and on a unique spore plant, Dionaea Muscipula, near the Signal Hills transmitter.
- Sterilizer glove - A semi-unique red version of this glove. It is found just behind a barrier in the Y-17 medical facility and on Super-Ego.
- Dr. Klein's glove - A unique variant found in Higgs Village, in house #101.
|Weapon name (current weapon is highlighted)||- Weapon name (melee or unarmed)||Attacks in V.A.T.S.||- Attacks in V.A.T.S.|
|Weapon name (current weapon is highlighted)||- Weapon name (gun, energy or explosive)||Action point cost||- Action point cost|
|Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||- Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||Damage per action point||- Damage per action point|
|Damage per second||- Damage per second||Weapon spread||- Weapon spread|
|Area of effect damage||- Area of effect damage||Magazine capacity (shots per reload)||- Magazine capacity (shots per reload)|
|Effect damage & duration||- Effect damage & duration||Durability (number of attacks before breaking)||- Durability (number of attacks before breaking)|
|Bonus effects||- Bonus effects||Weight||- Weight|
|Attacks per second||- Attacks per second||Value in caps||- Value in caps|
|Critical chance % multiplier||- Critical chance % multiplier||Value to weight ratio||- Value to weight ratio|
|Critical damage||- Critical damage||Skill required||- Skill required|
|Critical effect damage & duration||- Critical effect damage & duration||Strength required||- Strength required|
|With all mods attached||- With all mods attached|
|Weapon name (current weapon is highlighted)||Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||Damage per second||Bonus effects||Attacks per second||Critical Chance % multiplier||Critical damage||Critical effect damage and duration||Action Point cost||Damage per action point||Durability (number of attacks before breaking)||Weight||Value in caps||Value to weight ratio||Skill required||Strength required|
|Scientist glove fnvowb||21||28.6||1.36||x1.5||5||28||1.5||245||2||500||250||25||2|
|Corrosive glove fnvowb||21||22.9||1.09||x1||5||+2acid/5s||28||1.5||745||4||1500||375||55||2|
|Dr. Klein's glove fnvowb||34||46.4||-5 EW/30s|
|Dr. Mobius' glove fnvowb||28||38.2||-5 EW/30s|
|Sterilizer glove fnvowb||21||28.6||1.36||x1||5||+2fire/5s||28||1.5||995||3||1500||500||55||2|
- Note: Unarmed damage is doubled in V.A.T.S.
- Scoring a critical hit on a companion and then dismissing them may cause the frenzy effect to initiate upon arrival of the location they were dismissed to, leading to them to attack and potentially kill nearby NPCs, should there be any.
- When worn along with Dr. Mobius' glasses and scrubs, a challenge called "Mobius Strip" for wearing his full set of apparel is completed, earning the Courier 100 XP.
- On the top of the glove inside the hexagon, a human skull can be seen.