Oh wow, Reilly snapped out of her slump now that you're mapping for the Rangers. Now we go out and kick ass like the old days. Ooh-rah!”
Donovan was born in 2242. He is the team's technical specialist. He's an expert at hacking, repairs, and electronics. He is a smaller man, but his build is deceptive, and he can fight as well as the rest of the team.
One of the entries in Reilly's terminal implies that he frequently fights with Brick. According to Reilly's terminal, Donovan was also either a member of the Brotherhood of Steel or at least a contact of theirs before joining Reilly's Rangers.
Interactions with the player characterEdit
- Reilly's Rangers: Donovan holds Donovan's wrench, a quest item used for repairing the elevator in the Statesman Hotel. If Donovan doesn't die during the quest he will return to the Ranger compound where he can repair your gear for less than the cost other merchants would charge.
Effects of player's actionsEdit
- After completing "Reilly's Rangers" you may encounter Donovan while traveling through the Capital Wasteland. Soon after he appears he should engage in a firefight against three super mutants (these can be brutes, masters or overlords dependent on level). When you talk to him, he will either thank you for your assistance (if you helped him kill the super mutants), lightly chastise you for just watching the fight (if you don't assist him or talk to him before the super mutants appear) or get killed by the super mutants. Regardless, he will give you a mini nuke and say that Reilly sent him (if he isn't killed; if he's killed, the mini nuke can be found on his corpse). After speaking with you, Donovan will make his way back to the Ranger compound.
Note: Donovan is the only member of Reilly's Rangers who wears the Ranger battle helmet.
|Apparel||Weapon||Other items||On death|
|Ranger battle armor
Ranger battle helmet
|Chinese assault rifle||-||Donovan's wrench|
- "Hey there. Donovan at your service. You break it, I fix it."
- "Oh wow, Reilly snapped out of her slump now that you're mapping for the Rangers. Now we go out and kick ass like the old days. Ooh-rah!"
- "Wonderful. What the hell am I going to do with less than 50 shots? That barely fills this puppy up. Come on, kid."
Donovan appears only in Fallout 3.
pc ps3 xbox360 If Donovan dies in the random encounter, the rest of the Rangers may become hostile towards you. [verified]