I was expecting a shipment of chemicals. It's usually in a suitcase dropped off in one of the big machines up here. Because of the deathclaws, I have to assume that the suitcase is still in Sloan. Snoop around the place and get it for me.”— Melissa
|Side Quest: Don't Make a Beggar of Me|
|Travel to the Great Khan encampment and speak to Melissa.|
|Travel to Sloan and search Chomps Lewis' office for the suitcase.|
|Speak to Chomps and then travel to Primm to speak with Tyrone.|
|Obtain the chems from Tyrone.|
|Return to Melissa.||Inform Lieutenant Hayes about Tyrone's smuggling.|
|Reward: 150 caps, various chems, Great Khans fame or positive Karma, 200 XP and NCR fame or 85 caps and 100 XP.|
- Travel to the Great Khan encampment and once challenged, inquire about why Melissa's group of Khans are gathered in this location to begin the quest.
- Travel to Sloan and enter the mining office. Walk up the stairs and examine the empty suitcase to the left of the desk.
- Go outside and speak with Chomps Lewis and inquire about the empty suitcase to find out about Tyrone. If Lewis is killed prior to this quest, the marker will lead to his body. On him you can find a letter to Tyrone. After reading it, this step is completed.
- Travel to Primm and find Tyrone at the NCR camp in the tent next to Lieutenant Hayes' tent.
- When the Courier questions him about the chems, he explains that his superiors are getting suspicious and that the business is riskier. He will ask for an additional 300 caps which can be paid to obtain the chems.
- The chemicals can be obtained outright with no penalties with any of the following:
- The Courier can also steal the chems from Tyrone, which results in negative Karma. Alternatively the Courier can just shoot him and take the chems, but that will result in NCR infamy in addition to negative Karma.
- Once the chems have been obtained return to the Great Khan encampment and give the chems to Melissa.
- (Optional) The Courier can inform Lieutenant Hayes in his tent about Tyrone's smuggling. If done, Hayes will take the chems and inquire if anyone else was involved. Chomps Lewis can be ratted out or Hayes can be told nobody else was involved. After retaking the NCRCF from the Powder Gangers, Lt. Hayes will have been relocated to Camp Forlorn Hope, where he will stand by the campfire opposite the supply shack.
- Giving the chems to Melissa earns fame with the Great Khans, 100XP, 150 caps, and some chems.
- Helping Lieutenant Hayes earns fame with the NCR, increased Karma, and 100 XP.
- Returning to Melissa, after informing Hayes about the smuggling, results in no reward. If claimed, through a lie, that the Courier doesn't know anything, or if he/she simply claims that Tyrone was sloppy, Melissa will complain then claim to return to Red Rock Canyon without fighting the Courier. If the Courier admits that they turned in Tyrone, Melissa and the other two Great Khans will turn hostile.
- If the Courier has bad reputation with the Great Khans, Melissa will refuse their offer of help.
- Wearing Great Khan armor will always grant at least a neutral reputation and enable the Courier to do this quest even if they are vilified by the Great Khans.
- Finishing "Don't Make A Beggar Out Of Me" before finishing "Oh, My Papa" may cause Melissa to disappear from the Great Khan encampment, leaving you unable to finish the quest "Oh, my Papa".
Behind the scenesEdit
Don't Make a Beggar of Me is the name of a song written by Al Sherman and arranged by Axel Stordahl. It was recorded by Frank Sinatra in 1953 but was unreleased until late 2000 when Sinatra's 1962 album Point of No Return was re-released on CD. Don't Make a Beggar of Me was one of the bonus tracks on this CD.
- pc If the Courier has killed Chomps Lewis and already taken Tyrone's letter, it may be impossible to complete this mission, as Tyrone will not appear in Primm.[verified]