| ||For an overview of doctor's bags in various games, see doctor's bag.|
The doctor's bag is used to heal all of the limbs that are crippled in both Casual and Hardcore modes. Using doctor's bags, getting healed by a doctor, using the drug hydra, sleeping, and using healing poultice, daturana or weapon binding ritual from the Honest Hearts add-on are the only ways to heal crippled limbs while playing in Hardcore mode. The bag may be used to heal all limbs for a small amount or through the stats screen it can be applied to a single limb for a much greater effect.
This item can be crafted by the player.
medical brace (1)
surgical tubing (1)
Doctor's bag (1)
- Bitter Springs Infirmary Blues: Lieutenant Markland needs three to help the refugees in the Bitter Springs camp.
- Up to 15 can be found during the quest, Caesar's Favor, inside one of the Legion dropboxes.
- Three can be obtained by pre-ordering the Mercenary Pack.
- Two can be acquired from Doc Mitchell in the quest Ghost Town Gunfight with a Medicine skill check of 30.
- One can be found in the Goodsprings gas station in the middle of the left aisle.
- There is one in Mitchell's house in Goodsprings.
- One can be found in Raul's shack.
- One behind a Very Easy locked door on 2nd floor of the Bison Steve Hotel.
- After finishing That Lucky Old Sun by selecting Full region (emergency output level), two doctor's bags (along with 3 stimpaks) can be obtained from Ignacio Rivas.
- There are some at Vault 19, inside the clinic.
- Up to 3 are sometimes sold by Michelle Kerr at 188 trading post.
- Rarely found on Viper gunslingers.
- With the Dead Money add-on you can buy these at Sierra Madre vending machines.