Tell me what you need, and maybe I've got your fix.”
Hoff is a cynic who makes bleak comments about humanity's chances of survival. Meanwhile, he knows that no buyer will stop purchasing from him, because they either need the medicine or are addicted to the chemicals. He likes to think that, in his own way, he's helping to ease humanity's suffering in its dying years.
Doc Hoff appears outside of frequent stops every time you fast travel to that location, go through a loading screen to that location, or wait at the site for a couple of hours. A good way to find him is to fast travel to Rivet City and go down the metal stairs. If he isn't there, wait for one or two hours so a merchant spawns. If the merchant isn't Doc Hoff, wait for one or two hours again. Repeat until you get him to spawn.
Interactions with the player characterEdit
* After second investment.
- Merchant Empire: After talking to Uncle Roe about caravan merchant investment, his repair skill jumps to 65 (allowing him to repair items to a max of 79%). His inventory (and the number of available caps) also improves, and after the second investment, he rewards you with 5-7 stimpaks, depending on your level.
|Apparel||Weapon||Other items||On death|
|10mm submachine gun||Schematics - Nuka grenade||Doc Hoff's supply key|
- Doc Hoff sells one of the Schematics - Nuka grenade in the game.
- Doc Hoff is one of the merchants who sell refined punga fruit and wild punga fruit after the Point Lookout add-on is installed.
- Agatha's broadcast occasionally thanks Doc Hoff for "keeping an old lady alive and well".
- "Let's see what the good doctor has in his magic bag, shall we?"
- "Here to see the good doctor? Excellent."
- "Tell me what you need, and maybe I've got your fix."
Doc Hoff appears only in Fallout 3.
- pc ps3 xbox360 Doc Hoff can appear at the Jefferson Memorial during the time of the quest "Take It Back". He is almost always instantly killed by Liberty Prime, and his body can be very difficult to find with all the dead Enclave soldiers. Fortunately, his corpse will take more time to disappear, making him easier to locate if you wait about five to seven days after you finish the mission. [verified]
- ps3 xbox360 When starting a new game, it is possible that Doc Hoff will spawn without his pack brahmin and caravan guard. [verified]
- pc Sometimes Doc Hoff and his guard will be separated from his pack brahmin and make rounds separately. One way to fix this is by finding the separated brahmin and using two console commands to move Doc and his guard to your position near the brahmin: moveto.player 63c06 (and) moveto.player 522bc1. [verified]