Notable Quotes Audio Project
Go bully some mole rats, jackass.”
Dixon is a drug dealer in Freeside with glassy, bloodshot eyes who hangs out near the east gate (just past Rotface). He sells chems, as well as special "Dixon's [Chem Name]," which are cheaper, but with lower quality and higher addiction chance. Two of his customers are members of the Followers of the Apocalypse - Bill Ronte, a former engineer, is now addicted to Dixon's whiskey, and Jacob Hoff, a former chemist, is now addicted to Dixon's jet. Dixon can be killed during the quest High Times at no loss of Karma or gain in Freeside infamy should the player fail the speech challenge.
Interactions with the player characterEdit
- High Times: Dixon needs to be persuaded or killed in order to stop supplying chems and alcohol to Jacob Hoff and Bill Ronte.
|Apparel||Weapon||Other items||On death|
|Merc cruiser outfit
Roving trader hat
|16 .22LR round
- Dixon is one of the few named non-player characters in the game to be affected by the Sneering Imperialist perk.
- Though he carries a varmint rifle, he carries .22LR rounds instead of 5.56mm rounds. This is because in early development, the varmint rifle was designed to fire .22LR instead of 5.56mm. Because of this he will use his knife instead.
- Killing him will not make you lose or gain Karma and Freeside infamy.
- He will not respawn if killed, making it impossible to purchase the unique chems.
- He will refresh his inventory completely with console command resetinventory, making him unique in that aspect, as few do it even partially. Thus, he's a good source on jet, dixon jets, buffouts and fixers.
Dixon appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
Behind the scenesEdit
|The following is based on Fallout: New Vegas cut content and has not been confirmed by canon sources.|
At one point during development Dixon was slated to have two thugs in his employ, serving as bodyguards or enforcers, and armed with varmint rifles (both Thugs also carry the incorrect ammunition for the weapon, like Dixon). Though not present in the game, both thugs are still present in the games' code and can be brought into the game using console commands.
|End of information based on Fallout: New Vegas cut content.|
- xbox360 ps3 Occasionally, Dixon's inventory will not reset after buying all his chems, even after a few days. [verified]