The distress pulser is a device used by the Brotherhood of Steel to mark specific locations, or in the event of an emergency where a soldier or squad may be downed and in need of assistance. When active, it emits a series of blips to any device capable of picking up radio frequencies, which become clearer as the receiver travels closer to the source.
- One is located in the National Guard training yard, near the corpse of Tara Astlin.
- South of Med-Tek Research, in a destroyed building near the corpse of Varham.
- In the Revere satellite array, in a small shack built on one of the southern satellite dishes.
- Taking the distress pulsers during the quest The Lost Patrol causes the signal to disappear.
- Dropping a distress pulser will cause the signal to reappear.
- During Liberty Reprimed, Haylen will give the Sole Survivor a distress pulser to mark the location of the stockpile of Mark 28 nukes in the Sentinel site.
pc xboxone ps4 There is a bug where if a distress pulser is dropped on the ground in a settlement and then scrapped using the settlement building screen it will permanently emit a distress signal.[verified]