Expression error: Unexpected < operator.
After speaking to the player, he will run to Cottonwood Cove and disappear from the map.
Interactions with the player character
|Apparel||Weapon||Other items||On death|
Roving trader hat
|Machete||Food, water, various Legion-approved chems||-|
- The Frumentarius may appear near the player at various locations, including the railroads near HELIOS One, the 188 trading post, near Cottonwood Cove, and at Powder Ganger camp south.
- If he approaches through hostile areas of the wasteland, he may be killed before he can contact the player and initiate the quests.
- Despite being disguised he will still be attacked on sight by enemies of the Legion, such as NCR troopers.
- In case he is killed before getting a chance to talk to you, you can enter the following console commands to revive him and initiate the Quest Caesar's Favor/Hire:
- prid 00164ED0 -- Selects Disguised Frumentarius
- moveto player -- Spawns the dead body next to the player
- Now, face the corpse and open the console. Move the cursor over the dead body and left click, then type the following command:
- resurrect -- Revives the Disguised Frumentarius
- Note: Sometimes the dead body won't spawn, in that case try traveling to a location close to where he got killed.
The disguised Frumentarius only appears in Fallout: New Vegas.