Notable Quotes Audio Project
The disguised Frumentarius is a member of Caesar's Legion living in the Mojave Wasteland in 2281.
The disguised Frumentarius is a spy and messenger. He will appear if the Courier has a positive Legion reputation, to offer an incentive to remain in Caesar's good graces.
Interactions with the player characterEdit
Effects of player's actionsEdit
After speaking to the Courier, he will run to Cottonwood Cove and disappear from the map.
- The Frumentarius may appear near the player at various locations, including the railroads near HELIOS One, the 188 trading post, near Cottonwood Cove, and at Powder Ganger camp south.
- If he approaches through hostile areas of the wasteland, he may be killed before he can contact the Courier and initiate the quests.
- Despite being disguised he will still be attacked on sight by enemies of the Legion, such as NCR troopers.
- In case he is killed before getting a chance to talk to Courier, you can enter the following console commands to revive him and initiate the quest Caesar's Favor/Hire:
- prid 00164ED0 -- Selects Disguised Frumentarius
- moveto player -- Spawns the dead body next to the player
- Now, face the corpse and open the console. Move the cursor over the dead body and left click, then type the following command:
- resurrect -- Revives the Disguised Frumentarius
- Note: Sometimes the dead body won't spawn, in that case try traveling to a location close to where he got killed.
The disguised Frumentarius appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.