| ||For the various forms of water that appear in the Fallout series, see Water.|
Dirty water is the most common water in the game, and is drawn from the tainted lakes and rivers of the Mojave Wasteland. Unlike purified water, drinking dirty water will induce moderate radiation, which can be cured for a fee by a doctor, or by using RadAway.
Consuming contaminated water is much more irksome than in Fallout 3, because of the lack of the My First Infirmary. However, with Hardcore mode enabled, it may be a necessary consumable, as it can be difficult for players early in the game to find adequate quantities of purified water.
Survival Skill effectEdit
|10||+2 Hit Point for 5s||-60 Dehydration|
|20||+2 Hit Point for 5s||-70 Dehydration|
|30||+3 Hit Point for 5s||-80 Dehydration|
|40||+3 Hit Point for 5s||-90 Dehydration|
|50||+4 Hit Point for 5s||-100 Dehydration|
|60||+4 Hit Point for 5s||-110 Dehydration|
|70||+4 Hit Point for 5s||-120 Dehydration|
|80||+5 Hit Point for 5s||-130 Dehydration|
|90||+5 Hit Point for 5s||-140 Dehydration|
|100||+6 Hit Point for 5s||-150 Dehydration|
- Note: Radiation is not affected by Survival skill level.
- 20 can be bought from Lupe at the Grub n' Gulp rest stop.
- Sometimes found in first aid boxes.
- Often sold by Blake at the Crimson Caravan Company.
- Three are next to the Sunset Sarsaparilla crate in Raul's shack.
- Sometimes found on Legionaries.
- Sometimes for sale by Traveling merchants.
- May be found on thugs of the wastes, such as Fiends, Powder Gangers, Jackals and Vipers.
- Dirty water differs in appearance from purified water. Dirty water is labeled "WATER," while purified water is labeled "H²O"; the bottle is also grimier. The Pip-Boy 3000 icon for both is the same, however.
- Dirty water can be purified in bulk at a campfire.