| ||For other detonators in the Fallout series of games, see detonator.|
The detonator is specifically used to detonate C-4 after it is planted. During Eureka!, it may also be used to detonate a generator at the Hoover Dam checkpoint after hacking a Very Hard terminal. The tool itself has no other use, and is unable to harm enemies by itself.
- Loyal's detonator is given to you by Loyal to activate a buoyancy device.
- Mining detonator, used to collapse the cave during the quest River Monsters.
- Broken detonator, can be found in the Little Yangtze watchtower. It is considered a miscellaneous item.
- One can be found in the Vault 34 Armory along with 3 bricks of C-4 plastic explosive.
- Two can sometimes be bought in the Dino Bite gift shop in Novac.
- One can be found in a footlocker located at the road block on the road west of Nelson where Ranger Milo is stationed along with two C-4 plastic explosives.
- One can be found in the Lucky 38 casino on the cocktail lounge floor in a hard locked briefcase.
- One can sometimes be bought from Chet in Goodsprings General Store.
- Sometimes they can be bought from the arms merchant at the 188 trading post.
- One can sometimes be bought from Blake at the Crimson Caravan Company.
- One can sometimes be purchased from Lacey at the Mojave Outpost.
- Sierra Madre along with 3 bricks of C-4 plastic explosive. Enter the Police Station via the west doorway. Turn north at Dog's cell to enter a short hallway & face west. Enter the first door on your right. In this room in an Average locked locker leaning in the north west corner of the room containing the detonator and C-4. One can be found in the
- Traveling merchants rarely sell one.
- commissary terminal inside the Hopeville missile silo bunker. One can be bought from the
- C-4 cannot be detonated remotely if one does not have a detonator. However, one can shoot it when it's placed on the ground to detonate it as an alternative method.