Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
| ||For other detonators in the Fallout series of games, see detonator.|
The detonator is specifically used to detonate C-4 after it is planted. The tool itself has no other use, and is unable to harm enemies by itself.
- Loyal's detonator is given to you by Loyal to activate a buoyancy device.
- Honest Hearts Mining detonator, used to collapse the cave during the quest River Monsters.
- Old World Blues (add-on) Broken detonator, can be found in the Little Yangtze watchtower. It is considered a miscellaneous item.
- One can be found in the Vault 34 Armory along with 3 bricks of C-4 plastic explosive.
- Two can sometimes be bought in the Dino Bite gift shop in Novac.
- One can be found in a footlocker located at the road block on the road West of Nelson where Ranger Milo is stationed along with two C-4 plastic explosives.
- One can be found in the Lucky 38 casino on the cocktail lounge floor in a hard locked briefcase.
- One can sometimes be bought from Chet in Goodsprings General Store
- Sometimes they can be bought from the arms merchant at the 188 Trading Post
- One can sometimes be bought from Blake at the Crimson Caravan Company.
- One can sometimes be purchased from Lacey at the Mojave Outpost.
- Dead Money One can be found in the Sierra Madre along with 3 bricks of C-4 plastic explosive. Enter the Police Station via the west doorway. Turn north at Dog's cell to enter a short hallway & face west. Enter the first door on your right. In this room in an Average locked locker leaning in the north west corner of the room containing the detonator and C-4.
- Traveling merchants rarely sell one.
- C-4 cannot be detonated remotely if you do not have a detonator. However, one can shoot it when it's placed on the ground to detonate it as an alternative method, even though this would be impossible in real life due to the characteristics of stable explosives.