Destitute travelers are individuals travelling from California to New Vegas who were gambling to win big, but instead, they were quickly drained out of bottle caps. Some destitute travelers come back to the 188 trading post to beg for caps and literally give their clothing to help them safely get back home.
Interactions with the player characterEdit
Wasteland Wanderer outfit
Ballcap with glasses
- Though being a uniquely named non-player character, the destitute traveler is no more unique than any other Wasteland wanderer.
- The traveler was originally going to be apart of the cut quest, Chip Provenance. But this was cut before the game was finished and never incorporated. The only remaining part of the quest is the targeting data left in the GECK with leads to the traveler.
- The destitute traveler will act hostile towards the Courier if they have a negative reputation with the NCR.
- Sometimes the destitute traveler will ask the Courier to spare caps. He or she can lend him 25 caps but receive no Karma for doing so. He then explains that he lost everything.
- The destitute traveler was disabled in one of the patches in order to improve performance and free up memory for the DLC.
The destitute traveler appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
- xbox360 ps3 Sometimes he will not even appear, caused by updates included with DLC's that eliminate non-necessary characters to speed up the game.[verified]