Your first view of the city's lights and influence
The casino itself is lacking the glamour of the outer facade; the interior is dirty, poorly lit, and stinks of booze, jet, and sex. The slot machines probably haven't been oiled in a long time.
The upper level of the casino is broken up into a series of rooms, with Big Jesus' room at the center. Most of the rooms are leased out to the guards.
The basement of the Desperado is home to a large boiler, several rats, and a snitch and thief named Pretty Boy Lloyd. There's a room with a bunch of blue crates that also houses an O2 tank filled with a toxic gas.
As the hub of activity for the Mordinos, this is where you'll get all of their quests from. Big Jesus has three jobs that need doing. A new recruit needs to deliver a package to the head guard at the Stables, force a payment out of the local porn studio, and take out Louis Salvatore.
Big Jesus doesn't pay as handsomely as some of the other bosses, but all of his jobs are easy and provide a quick path to becoming a Made Man in Reno.
- Poison tank, in the lower level of the casino.
- Guns and Bullets, it's in a desk in the middle room on the Ground Floor, in the room where the guard is overlooking the terminal, use Sneak to get the book.
- 1 frag grenade, 1 pulse grenade, and 1 plasma grenade, in the first floor's men's bathroom, once you get the clue from the magic 8-ball.
The Desperado appears only in Fallout 2.
Behind the scenesEdit
- The design of the exterior entrance to the Desperado is heavily influenced by the real life Golden Nugget hotel and casino in Las Vegas.
- The casino itself is a reference the Reno casino Eldorado. The Mordinos also appear to be a reference to the Caranos who own the Eldorado.