I have a question. The only question that matters. Would you risk your life for your fellow man? Even if that man is a synth?”
Desdemona's cautious nature and professional demeanor make getting to know her difficult. These personality traits also leave her history enigmatic. She is first mentioned in Pinky Thompson's logs of September 2276, indicating that she has been a member of the Railroad since at least that date. Desdemona was later voted into the Railroad's Alpha position around December 2277, after Thompson resigned.
At some point in her life, Desdemona knew someone named Sam, who was most likely dear to her - and is most likely deceased, since her last words (if killed) are of Sam and that she is "coming home" to them.
Interactions with the player characterEdit
- The Sole Survivor must seek her aid after dealing with the Courser, and getting his chip; as she and her people are the only ones who can decode it.
- If the player character does not speak to Desdemona prior to entering the Institute and accepting a mission, she shuns the player character and the Railroad quest line ends.
- If one is a Railroad agent but is Banished from the Institute then this also ends the Railroad quest line as the player character remaining undercover was vital to the plan. Desdemona encourages the player character to stop the Institute with the Commonwealth Minutemen as she sees it as the best remaining option for protecting the synths.
|Fatigues||Pipe gun, .44 pistol or 10mm combat pistol
(during Tactical Thinking and End of the Line)
|Railroad HQ key|
- While receiving the first To the Mattresses mission following The Nuclear Option, the dialogue option to let the Sole Survivor tell her that they, too, miss Glory will be available even if the main story was finished with the Minutemen and Glory is still very much alive, possibly even standing right next to her at that moment. While not exactly logically sound, it is still useful for gaining a large approval boost for several companions including Deacon and Curie.
- When failing the Railroad quest line and destroying the Institute with the Minutemen, Desdemona may not offer dialogue outside of quests, instead remaining completely silent.
- Though it is only labeled "fatigues," her unique outfit can be pickpocketed and is upgradeable with ballistic weave.
Desdemona appears only in Fallout 4.
Behind the scenesEdit
Desdemona is a character in William Shakespeare's play Othello.
- pc ps4 xboxone After completing the main quest line with the support of the Commonwealth Minutemen, if on good terms with the Railroad and the Sole Survivor returns to their hideout, Desdemona will speak of Glory as if she had died even though Glory can be seen walking about. If trying to interact with Glory she will stay silent and not say any dialogue.[verified]
- pc ps4 xboxone In her speech to Railroad HQ informing them of the Sole Survivor's successful infiltration of the Institute, she may incorrectly refer to them as "Wanderer" even if they chose a different code name when joining the Railroad.[verified]