Deputy Weld in front of Megaton's gate
Thirsty partner? Try Moriarty's. Coldest drinks in the Capital Wasteland.”
Interactions with the player characterEdit
Effects of player's actionsEdit
- Deputy Steel will replace Deputy Weld if he is killed (unless Broken Steel is installed).
- If Megaton is destroyed in The Power of the Atom quest, Deputy Weld's faceplate will survive the atomic explosion and continue to welcome people to Megaton (albeit in a garbled manner) and state that "the bomb is perfectly safe".
- Deputy Weld can be deactivated by hacking a computer terminal in the Megaton armory. A skill of 75 Science is required to hack it and deactivate Deputy Steel. If the Robotics Expert perk is used to sneak-deactivate him, he still says his phrases and later on in the game will return to normal.
- Deputy Weld will respawn after a while if he is killed.
- Killing him results in a loss of Karma.
- "Welcome to Megaton. The bomb is perfectly safe. We promise."
- "Have yourself a nice visit, partner."
- "Welcome to Megaton. Friendliest town around."
- "Ya’ll be careful with that thar weapon, ya hear?"
- "Thirsty partner? Try Moriarty's. Coldest drinks in the Capital Wasteland."
- "Need some grub? Try the Brass Lantern."
Deputy Weld appears only in Fallout 3.
pc ps3 In Broken Steel, if Deputy Weld is killed in the firefight between Megaton settlers and the Brotherhood of Steel soldiers accompanying the water caravan, he may later be found wandering the wastes in the vicinity of Megaton, still saying "Welcome to Megaton." [verified]