|The following is based on Van Buren and has not been confirmed by canon sources.|
I can't believe he's complaining about the crops again. Just a few weeks ago, he was upset with me because the crops were too scrawny.”
Denom has been walking around lately looking quite pleased with himself thanks to the mysterious prosperity of the crops. Denom is the mechanic/gardener responsible for maintaining the wind turbine, condensers, and greenhouses. As for his success with the crops, he had a stroke of luck encountering a merchant selling special fertilizer.
Interactions with the player characterEdit
- Kill the weedlings: When the Prisoner first arrives at the Mesa Top he will find Denom and the Ciphers battling a group of weedlings in one of the greenhouses. Whether or not the Prisoner assists or not is up to him.
- Figure out what Denom did to the crops: Azkee is worried about the crops. They're unnaturally large, and he's concerned that Denom might have done something to "improve" the fields which might ultimately prove detrimental to the Ciphers.
- Restore the crop fields with the Miracle Wheat: The Prisoner can learn that the Followers of the Apocalypse have miracle wheat, which is capable of cleaning up irradiated ground. The Prisoner can mention this to Denom and offer to bring him some seeds.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Mesa Verde design document/1 - Denom
- ↑ Denom dialogue file
- ↑ Mesa Verde design document/2 - Kill the weedlings
- ↑ Mesa Verde design document/2 - Figure out what Denom did to the crops
- ↑ Mesa Verde design document/2 - Restore the crop fields with the Miracle Wheat