Deliverer of Sorrows
Deliver these 4 items to Daniel
Deliverer of Sorrows is a main quest in the Fallout: New Vegas add-on Honest Hearts. It is the culmination of the three connected item-gathering quests Gone Fishin', Roadside Attraction and Tourist Trap.
|Main quest: Deliverer of Sorrows|
|Deliver the compass, medical supply kit, walkie-talkies, and Li'l Scout lunchboxes to Daniel at the Sorrows camp.|
|Reward: Variable XP|
Restore Our Fortunes trophy/achievement
|Leads to: River Monsters|
The Advance Scouts
The Grand Staircase
The Treacherous Road
To get the compass, go to the crashed scout bus. The compass will be under a child's skeleton. However, this compass is broken. You can repair it with a Repair skill of 30, or can also use the compass sensor module just beside the compass on the bus to repair it without the Repair check.
To get the walkie-talkies, go to the Zion Fishing Lodge. They are inside an average locked cabinet behind the bar counter and you will need either a Lockpick skill of 50, or you can open it with a key located inside a box in the bathroom.
To get the Li'l Scout lunchboxes, head to the Zion General Store and collect all five. One can be found inside a crate/box on the floor on the left side of the shop. Another is inside a broken metal cabinet at the back of the shop. It is partly hidden behind a broom, which you may need to move in order to pick up the lunchbox. Two are on the counter on the right side of the shop. The last one is inside the locked desk at the back of the shop. You need a Lockpick skill of 50 to open the desk without a key. There are two keys for the desk, one is in a nearby toolbox, and one is in a cash register.
To get the medical supply kit, go to the Zion Ranger station. The Zion Ranger station is to the north-west of Cueva Guarache, which is just north of the General Store. It's on a table in the back of the Ranger station. The medical kit is damaged, and you will need to either salvage it with a Medicine skill of 30 or above, replace the contaminated parts, or sterilize it with alcohol.
On the way into the Sorrows camp to meet Daniel, you will be welcomed by Waking Cloud.
|10||Quest finished||Bring the supplies you've gathered to Daniel in the Narrows.|
- Some of the lunchboxes may spawn partially in the floor, making them unavailable unless you use the console command tcl to reach into the floor and retrieve them. The console command is disabled with the same code.
- The order in which you obtain these items does not matter, so long as you get them all.
- This quest will reward the player with the Restore Our Fortunes trophy/achievement.
- Upon completing this quest, Follows-Chalk will leave the Courier as a companion and return to the Dead Horses camp. Anything you put into his inventory will be returned to the player.
- Follows-Chalks' quests Civilized Man's Burden and Bighorners of the Eastern Virgin can still be completed after finishing this quest. Simply talk to him at Dead Horses camp prior to finishing the quest Gathering Storms.