The deathclaw warehouse is an old warehouse in the Boneyard which used to be the home of the Rippers gang (as evidenced by the Ripper! movie posters). Ever since deathclaws occupied the area, it became a warzone, where the deadly lizards slaughtered any unwary wanderers.
The entry is in the upper right corner of Boneyard Downtown.
Three deathclaws can be found on the surface and will respawn one in-game hour after death, if the area is reentered. Rarely, one or two may respawn instead of three.
A scavenger carrying repair parts to Adytum has fallen victim to the deathclaws; his corpse (or bloodstain, if enough time passes) can be searched for the parts, which has the outward appearance of junk.
In the dark of the basement, the player will find the more powerful mother deathclaw and her eggs.
Players accustomed to Fallout 2 deathclaws will find the earlier versions can be approached up to a much shorter range before they notice and attack, while the Mother is more like what they are used to.
The Vault Dweller is tasked with obtaining parts to Fix the hydroponic farms in Adytum by Miles and Sammael mentions that a scavenger sent to get the parts never returned. Gabriel of the Gun Runners asks the Vault Dweller to exterminate the deathclaws.
- Killing all three surface deathclaws nets 3000 XP.
- It is possible to kill the deathclaws, rest an hour, leave the map, and return to gain the 3000 XP over and over. The Vault Dweller cannot rest in the adjacent zones, and the deathclaws will not spawn until the area is reentered.
- While the deathclaws have 250 HP, the mother deathclaw has 320, and noticeably better Damage Resistance, too. Killing the mother deathclaw nets 1500 XP; killing the mother and eggs stops the surface deathclaws from respawning, as well as completing the Gun Runners' quest.
- The stairs down to the basement are in the upper-right corner of the warehouse, they are charcoal color against a dark gray floor in a dark corner; easy to miss.
- The mother deathclaw is in the lower-right corner of the basement next to her eggs; she has the sharp eyesight that deathclaws have in Fallout 2 and will attack from much further away than her offspring.
The deathclaw warehouse appears only in Fallout.