- This item is relatively valuable in comparison to its weight. It is the principal component of the deathclaw gauntlet, which is one of the best unarmed weapons in Fallout 3, due to the fact that damage it deals is not affected by the DR of the target's armor. Taking a deathclaw hand from a deathclaw corpse does not cause the corpse to visibly lose either of its hands. Deathclaw hands can also be used as Rock-It Launcher ammunition, albeit with no special benefits. When a deathclaw hand is harvested it is always the left hand, and yet the gauntlet is worn on the right arm.
- Since the deathclaw gauntlet cannot be constructed in Fallout: New Vegas, it serves only as a miscellaneous item.
- In Fallout: New Vegas, it is sometimes possible to take four hands from a single dead deathclaw.
- Deathclaw hands are almost exclusively obtained from defeated deathclaws. A good place to start finding them is at the Deathclaw Sanctuary or Old Olney.
- A single hand can be found in the trapper's shack in Point Lookout, in the basement, on an open freezer.
- Another hand can be found on the mobile base crawler, in a bathroom stall, that is much smaller than a normal deathclaw hand.
Fallout: New VegasEdit
Deathclaws spawn only in specific locations in Fallout: New Vegas (the following list is not a complete one)
- "Deathclaw promontory", an unmarked area due east of the Cliffside Prospector Camp
- Quarry Junction, northwest of Sloan
- Dead Wind Cavern (Only location with the legendary deathclaw)
- Gypsum train yard
- Primm Pass