| ||For the object of the same name in the Fallout 4 add-on Wasteland Workshop, see Cage (Wasteland Workshop).|
Deathclaw cages are essentially like pet cages, they are used to transport controlled deathclaws to Enclave outposts in the Capital Wasteland. They can released by an Enclave officer who carries the deathclaw cage key, or any individual who has a proficient lock pick skill. The Enclave outposts in which they appear do not show up until after The Waters of Life. Oftentimes the deathclaws inside the cages will have the Enclave mind control device, but the deathclaws inside of Raven Rock strangely do not.
- Enclave deathclaws will not attack the Enclave but will instead act much like an enemy-allied robot; if their control device is targeted and destroyed they will frenzy, attacking everything around them.
- The Lone Wanderer can also kill the Enclave officer before he/she releases the deathclaw.
- If you have a deathclaw cage key they can open the cage but this is not suggested.
- If you have started the quest Shock Value and have been given the deathclaw control scrambler from Scribe Vallincourt, then the deathclaw inside will be friendly to the Lone Wanderer and hostile to the Enclave. Stealthy players can pickpocket the key from the officer or pick the lock on the cage to release the deathclaw upon the Enclave soldiers, usually resulting in them all being killed. The deathclaw can then be disposed of in whatever creative way comes to mind, or simply led out of range of the Enclave transmitter, which will kill it.
- There are three deathclaw cages in the Divide, beneath Boxwood Hotel roof.
- A smaller version of the cage is found in one of the Nipton houses, holding some bark scorpions.