Essentially the only way to get atop the promontory is a dirt path north of the position marked by the picture to the right.
It is a rough, uneven area over a cliff, with a labyrinth of hills, filled with a large number of various types of deathclaws.
- Remnants power armor (but no helmet) is found on a dead prospector.
- A suit of T-51b power armor can be found on a second dead prospector.
- Three deathclaw eggs can be found at the southern end against a cliff.
- A Multiplas rifle can be found next to one of the dead prospectors.
- A Tri-beam laser rifle can be found next to the other dead prospector.
- The number of deathclaws found atop the promontory varies with the player's level. If the player is a high level, 30 or so deathclaws, potentially including multiple mother and alpha males, may appear. See also "Bugs", below.
- This is the only place in the game you can obtain Remnants power armor other than by doing the quest For Auld Lang Syne.
- Legionary assassins may spawn in your area after loading a save in the area.
The deathclaw promontory only appears in Fallout: New Vegas.
- pc ps3 xbox360 Not all deathclaws in this area may appear when arriving at the location for the first time. The remaining deathclaws will typically re-appear once the player has fast traveled or, notably, when the player loads a save. The latter may result in the player's death if the save was made while on the promontory itself. For this reason, it is strongly recommended that at least one save be made (and kept) prior to climbing onto the promontory.
- pc ps3 xbox360 Similar to the above bug, the dead prospectors may not appear on the player's initial arrival at the promontory. Saving and reloading, fast-traveling, or waiting for several hours should solve this issue. If this does not work, save the game, and turn off your console (If on PC, just close the game) and turn it back on and load the save. The bodies will be there now.
- Sometimes bodies, and other game objects fall through the ground and are in-accessible. The only remedy is to wait for the game to reset the objects in the map cell to their original positions. This requires seventy-three in-game hours spent away from the area, and is unaffected by saving and loading.
- pc ps3 xbox360 It is possible for an 'invincible' deathclaw to spawn here. Even when it has lost all HP it still lives and cannot be killed.
- pc xbox360 Using Archimedes II in this area can result in the red targeting lines randomly triangulating all around the area (orbital laser will not discharge either). This was not fixed by saving/reloading. However, upon fast traveling, the orbital laser can discharge, scoring a direct hit on the player, causing serious damage. After several save/loads, the targeting laser glitch remains present whenever this area is visited.
- pc xbox360 Sometimes, after clearing the area, several more deathclaws will all spawn at the same time and in the same area. Sometimes these deathclaws include mother and alpha male deathclaws, even at lower levels.
- xbox360 Getting the Remnants power helmet from Silver Peak Mine before going to deathclaw promontory solved above problem. It's a good idea to take the Remnants power helmet with you when you head to the deathclaw promontory, or when returning if you encounter this glitch.
- xbox360 ps3 Sometimes, the deathclaws will run into the water where the entrance is and will not return to land.
- xbox360 ps3 In rare instances, deathclaws won't spawn in the area.