Deathclaw Pro Hunter
Grants 1000 XP upon completion.
This challenge does not work on all adult Deathclaws. Deathclaws in the following locations count toward this challenge:
- In and around Quarry Junction.
- In The Thorn arena.
- The blind deathclaw at Primm Pass.
- An alpha male deathclaw and the deathclaw mothers at the deathclaw promontory count towards the challenge but an ordinary adult deathclaw does not.
- A deathclaw mother & legendary deathclaw in Dead Wind Cavern count towards the challenge.
- Blind deathclaws at Gypsum train yard count towards the challenge.
Regular adult deathclaws in the following locations do not count toward this challenge:
- Outside or inside the Dead Wind Cavern
- Outside Vault 19
- In Gypsum train yard
- In the deathclaw promontory
- In the Thorn's animal cage rooms, shot through the chain link doors.
- Since only the killing blow must be dealt with specified weapons, weakening them with other weapons is possible.
- A deathclaw will be slower than the Courier only if it has both legs crippled.
- This challenge is not repeatable.
- Following a patch, most Mojave deathclaws have been altered to Quarry Junction's special deathclaws (identifiable by their 500HP), and will not count towards the challenge. Deathclaw mothers and alpha males will still count towards the challenge, as well as the adult deathclaws in Quarry Junction and those that fight in The Thorn. [platforms tag needed]
- If you kill a deathclaw with the recharger rifle its kill count towards this challenge may stop at around three. [platforms tag needed]