Special needs students must be chaperoned at all times. Allow me to escort you back to class, child.”
Dean Dewey is now the head disciplinarian, programmed to fill the role of Principal at the Roosevelt Academy. It is programmed to patrol the halls, making sure students are not in the halls without a pass. Much like other robots encountered in Fallout 3, Dean Dewey is apparently unaware that the Great War has occurred and will go about its schedule as if nothing has happened when activated.
Interactions with the player characterEdit
- The Lone Wanderer can activate Dean Dewey by hacking the Headmaster's terminal. Subsequently, he will wander the corridors and attack any hostiles. If he challenges you for a hall pass, then you can use either the Child at Heart or Robotics Expert perk to talk your way out. If your Intelligence is 3 or below, then you will be called a "special needs" child and be escorted to a classroom.
- He is prone to death due to the large abundance of super mutants occupying the area.
- Dean Dewey's special dialog for players with 3 Intelligence or less is similar to Fallout 1 and 2, which had special dialogues for low Intelligence characters (characters with 3 or less Intelligence).
- "Ten demerits! Back to class with you, rapscallion!" – Dean's response to the Lone Wanderer persuading that they lost their hall pass. (Child at Heart)
- "Special needs students must be chaperoned at all times. Allow me to escort you back to class, child."
- "Good morning! It's a great day at Roosevelt High School!"
Dean Dewey appears only in Fallout 3.