The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help Nukapedia by filling it in.
- Accept settler's proposal to hunt the giant hermit crab
- Follow settler to location
- Kill the hermit crab found at that location
One can get this quest from any settler at one of the Sole Survivor's settlements. While in the settlement, the player character will be approached by a random settler who informs them that a giant hermit crab has been spotted in the area and they'd like the Survivor's help killing it. If one chooses to accept, the settler will then lead the player character to one of the five locations on the island where a hermit crab can spawn.
Upon reaching the location, the Sole Survivor will need to find and kill a leveled hermit crab. The crab stays hidden in its "shell" (a ruined bus or trailer), but can still be targeted in V.A.T.S.
- The chosen spawn location may be on the opposite side of the island. If one fast travels or otherwise loses the settler, they will normally wait for the player character at the location before attacking the crab.
- If one has already killed the hermit crabs at each spawn location, a new one should spawn at the chosen location.
Behind the scenesEdit
|The following is based on unverified behind the scenes information and has not been confirmed by canon sources.|
The name of the quest could be a reference to the television series of the same name.
|End of information based on unverified behind the scenes information.|