| ||For other prospectors in the Fallout series of games, see prospector.|
Prospectors are scavengers who roam the wastes for various items of interest. Many dead prospectors can be found around the Mojave in many different locations, typically carrying some form of armor, a gun, its corresponding ammunition, casings for said weapon, a melee weapon, some form of an aid item and occasionally some Caravan cards.
Interactions with the player characterEdit
- 2 dead prospectors that are wearing remnants power armor and T-51b power armor respectively, at the deathclaw promontory.
- Several dead prospectors are found at the Prospector's Den.
- One is found in the Black Rock cave.
- A dead prospector can be found at the Devil's Throat.
- A random loot spawning dead prospector can be found in a holding cell inside of the Nevada Highway Patrol station
- A second random loot spawning dead prospector is found inside of Nipton Hall in the assembly hall level.
- One carrying a Sunset Sarsaparilla star cap can be found in the middle of scorpion gulch. Two more can be found by traveling east through a pass.
- One can be found at the Cottonwood crater with a Fat Man.
- One can be found with a key to a locked gate in the Searchlight North gold mine.
- One is found by proceeding north-northeast from the water tower in Goodsprings Cemetery, it is inside one of the radscorpion nests nearby in the small alcoves along the cliff wall.
- Two dead prospectors are found in the unmarked location Bootjack Cavern.
- One is found in the sealed sewers with The Humble Cudgel.
- A dead prospector's loot will either be preset or will randomly generate items based on the game's difficulty and your character's level.
- The one located in Black Rock cave carries the unique weapon the Paladin Toaster. Another one found at The Devil's Throat is carrying the CZ57 Avenger, a unique minigun.
Dead prospectors appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.