The Courier has approximately 10 seconds from when the collar starts beeping to find and disable the speaker or back away out of range.
Speakers have a range of 12 yards, whereas radios reach only 8 yards.
Disabling and avoiding speakersEdit
- Speakers showing a red light are shielded and cannot be damaged with weapons - they must be avoided or switched off from terminals.
- Speakers showing a blue light can be damaged from a distance with ranged weapons.
- Difficult-to-find speakers can often be disabled with grenades and other explosives, as they are extremely sensitive to damage -- as long as they are not the shielded red-light type of speakers.
- Some speakers can simply be bypassed by moving quickly past them.
- Having Christine Royce as a companion will extend the time the Courier can remain near a speaker without detonating the Dead Money collar.
- Throughout the Sierra Madre.