One has approximately 10 seconds from when the collar starts beeping to find and disable the radio or back away out of range.
Radios have a signal range of 8 yards.
Disabling and avoiding radiosEdit
- Walking up to a radio and switching it off will end the danger.
- Radios can be destroyed from a distance by shooting them with ranged weapons or by throwing Spears at them.
- Difficult-to-find radios can often be disabled with grenades and other explosives, as they are extremely sensitive to damage.
- Some radios can simply be bypassed by moving quickly past them.
- Having Christine Royce as a companion will extend the time the Courier can remain near a radio without detonating the Dead Money collar.
This section is needed but has not been written yet. You can help Nukapedia by writing it.