|This page lists bugs in Dead Money.|
xbox360 There is a way to leave the Sierra Madre vault with all 37 Gold bars. The player must have an abundance of C-4, gas bombs, or demolition charges and place them in front of the shield door where Elijah confronts the player in the vault. Then the player must grab everything in the vault and then talk to Elijah from the holographic projector. Convince him to fight then run (walk) out of the vault with everything and press up against the shield door where the charges are placed. Destroy one of his turrets (having Christine on your side will help), he will then open the shield door (make sure you're walking into the door). You will phase through and fall but will get back up on the opposite side of the door near the exit. The charges should go off and kill Elijah and you will complete the quest and be able to escape with over a minute to spare along with all the loot in the vault. (Other console verification needed.)
- pc Although dialogue hints to shoot at ghost-people's gas-bombs it is not possible, even with 95% VATS attacks repeated dozens of times.
- xbox360 If the quest ED-E My Love is not completed before beginning the DLC, upon the player's return the quest will have disappeared and ED-E will be hostile.
- xbox360 Downloading the DLC from within the game will not register the DLC with the game, even when restarting the game or the console. You need to download it from the Xbox Dashboard and wait for the download to complete, then start the game.
- xbox360 Profiles on the same HDD other than the one who bought it won't be able to access the DLC. The game will give them a message about the DLC being corrupt even though it is not. The solution is to sign into the purchaser's profile from the dashboard, then load the game, then switch to your own profile.
- ps3 If you download the DLC and then delete it before reaching level 30, but after receiving the "Dead Money loaded" message, installing it again will reset the level-cap to 30, with no known way to fix it. You'll just have to start a new character, or play as level 30 instead of 35.
- pc xbox360 If the player saves the game while inside of a toxic cloud, it is possible for him to continue taking damage from the cloud even after leaving it, and even after returning to the Mojave after completing the DLC.
- pc ps3 xbox360 If you do not recruit Dog/God first, when you eventually return to the fountain with the three companions, Elijah may still ask where everybody is, making progress impossible.
- It can be fixed trough via command console on PC, and a patch for Xbox 360 (re-downloading the DLC might not work), for this you need to install the patch just after entering the Abandoned bunker, if you have the Ultimate Edition from the game you can install the patch every time is required if it's deleted to fix other many problems related with the system cache.
- xbox360 After finishing the DLC, going through the gate to leave may cause the game to freeze.
- xbox360 If you start the DLC while connected to the internet then try to load your save file without an internet connection, it could corrupt the DLC only with that save file and cause the effects above.
- xbox360 If you finish Dead Money with your internet on, and your internet goes off and you play, you may get Dead money's beginning quest offered again.
- ps3 If you have a large save file consisting of ~10MB or more, the game may slow down to a crawl while you are near the main fountain in the Villa. This can sometimes be fixed temporary by saving and reloading but will get worse as you progress through the story.
- xbox360 After completing the DLC the gate that leads to the Mojave Wasteland is locked and requires a key. How ever a simple reload of a recent save will fix this.
- pc On occasion, the DLC may crash completely disabling the Dead Money add on. All of the perks remain, however, any Dead Money items that you pick up will come up with a giant red and white diamond instead of the item. You are then unable to retrieve the item. Take note that this problem does not happen on any other DLC. [verified]
- pc xbox360 With the DLC added if you completed Dead Money on another save file and start a new game and play Dead Money on the new save. It is possible that after you wake up and finish speaking to Elijah you can go through the gate that leads back to the Mojave Wasteland and return to the bunker. [verified]
- pc The game may crash right after the initial speech in the villa. If you have adjusted the timescale, you will need to load a save prior to the villa and return the timescale to its default of 20. Do not readjust the timescale until after Elijah's initial speech is concluded and the hologram returns to its normal state. Other people have reported having luck in preventing crashes by entering the Divide and then leaving again before traveling to the Abandoned bunker. If neither of these solutions works, it may be necessary to disable all Dead Money Files, all mods (this needs verification), and delete everything named Dead Money in your F:NV Data folder, then install the Add-on again and before entering the bunker save three times (every save has to be a new one). Don't save while in the bunker (not even Quicksave. Autosave is ok.). [verified]
pc ps3 xbox360 Dead Money overrides some of the changes that have been made to the grenade launcher in previous patches. With Dead Money installed and nothing else taking up space in your load order, the grenade's base damage is increased to 30, its spread is increased to 1.0, non-player characters will still use ammunition, and it can still be repaired with miniguns.
PC only bugsEdit
PS3 only bugsEdit
There is a particularly painful problem of localization if you are in Belgium, the download you get is not the FR version but the UK version and this makes you absolutely unable to play the DLC as the game does not recognize your version. You may have just wasted 10€ on a completely unplayable DLC, you're very welcome, there is absolutely no way of fixing it.
Xbox 360 only bugsEdit