What's that Antler? We have a visitor?”
Davison is a nightkin, one of the former elite of the Master's super mutant army. Having lost the guidance of the Master due to his death in 2162 and over time, the prolonged use of Stealth Boys like many nightkin has rendered him paranoid and severely delusional. He is now devoted to "Antler" (in reality a sun-bleached brahmin skull, as the player can comically point out, and which, if knocked over, hit, or shot, will cause Davison to become hostile), following only "his" orders.
Davison is also in charge of a group of nightkin since before 2162. Their objective is to find Stealth Boys. In 2281, he and his group are located in the basements of the REPCONN test site, having been "sent there" by Antler to find a shipment of Stealth Boys (although the site only contains a pre-War note mentioning the shipment and its destination). Like all nightkin, his skin is pale blue and he wears simple, makeshift, improvised clothing, but has a higher level of intelligence and relatively good diction compared to most others of his kind. This suggests he has not lost most of his sense like other nightkin. In combat, he makes use of a bumper sword, which, due to his great strength as a super mutant, he wields to great effect.
Interactions with the player character
- Come Fly With Me: Davison and his Nightkin are searching for a shipment of Stealth Boys that don't exist. You can tell him this, resulting in the nightkin clearing out, allowing the Bright Followers access to the basement. However, he will not believe you until you show him the shipping manifests explaining that the Stealth Boys were sent to REPCONN by accident.
Effects of player action
- If you have killed all the nightkin - including the prison guard - this can prompt him to attack you the next time you speak with him. He may immediately turn hostile, or he may tell you that Antler told him you killed all the nightkin before turning hostile.
- If you only kill some of the nightkin, he will mention that some of his flock are missing.
- If you kill all of the nightkin, he will mention that he is all alone, and wonder where the rest of them went.
- When he wants you to receive the Stealth Boy shipment from the room Harland is in, he warns you that this ghoul is not as "squishy" as the others.
|Apparel||Weapon||Other items||On death|
|-||Bumper sword||Davison's key
radroach meat or
ant meat or dog meat
- He and all nightkin within the basement can be killed (with no repercussions) only AFTER telling him the Stealth Boy shipment is no longer in the facility.
Davison appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
- pc He may become hostile if you go to interact to him. According to him, it is because you touched antler, but this bug may occur even if you have not touched antler. This can be fixed by using the console command disable, then immediately using enable, and talking to him again.
- pc ps3 xbox360 You may also use a Stealth Boy after Davison's hostility has been established towards you after attempting to interact with him. This will cause him to holster his weapon and become neutral, but Davison will naturally remain hostile to any of your engaged followers except Lily who will activate her own Stealth Boy. If you interact with him again after he turns neutral, he will speak with you. (If you talk to Davison after doing this, he will tell you that all of his kin are gone and he is all alone.)
- pc If any of your companions moves Antler he will also become hostile (This can be avoided by trying to go the other way of where Antler is, or simply tell him/her/them to wait outside).