Davison is a nightkin, one of the former elite of the Master's super mutant army. He recalls that he once held the rank of captain, and that his last name is Davison, but he does not remember his first name. Davison lost the guidance of the Master upon the latter's death in 2162, and like many nightkin, his prolonged use of Stealth Boys has rendered him paranoid and delusional. In need of a new master to follow, Davison devoted himself to serving "Antler" (in reality a sun-bleached brahmin skull). Davison can still think intelligently, something many of his fellow nightkin struggle with or cannot do at all, but he believes it is Antler giving commands and directions to him. The Courier can point out the fact that Antler is just a Brahmin skull, but Davison will not believe them, will warn them to stop talking about it, and will attack if they do not. Davison is touchy and defensive of Antler, and will immediately become hostile if Antler is shot, hit, picked up or indeed moved in any way.
Davison has also been in charge of a group of nightkin since before 2162. Their objective is to find Stealth Boys. In 2281, he and his group are located in the basements of the REPCONN test site, having been "sent there" by Antler to find a shipment of Stealth Boys (although the site only contains a pre-War note mentioning the shipment and its destination). Like all nightkin, his skin is pale blue and he wears simple, makeshift, improvised clothing, but has a higher level of intelligence and relatively good diction compared to most others of his kind. This suggests he has not lost most of his sense like other nightkin. In combat, he makes use of a bumper sword, which, due to his great strength as a super mutant, he wields to great effect.
Despite his delusions- such as attributing all of his higher cognitive functions to "orders from Antler"- Davison insists that he is well, stating he is "in command of my faculties, in command of my troops!" He is paranoid and highly defensive of Antler, but not unreasonable. If the Courier is careful and polite in their dealings with Davison, he will deal with them fairly in return.
Interactions with the player characterEdit
- Come Fly With Me: Davison and his Nightkin are searching for a shipment of Stealth Boys that has been relocated. Telling him this results in the departure of the nightkin, which allows the Bright Followers access to the basement. However, he will not believe you until he is told about the shipping manifest, which explains that the Stealth Boys were sent to REPCONN by accident.
Effects of player's actionsEdit
- If you have killed most or all the nightkin - including the jailer - this can prompt him to attack you the next time you speak with him. He may immediately turn hostile, or he may tell you that Antler told him you killed all the nightkin before turning hostile.
- If you only kill some of the nightkin, he will mention that some of his flock are missing.
- If you kill all of the nightkin, he will mention that he is all alone, and wonder where the rest of them went.
- Sometimes, if you only kill the jailer, Davison will not notice.
- He will immediately turn hostile if you touch, move, or shoot Antler.
- When he wants you to receive the Stealth Boy shipment from the room Harland is in, he warns you that this ghoul is not as "squishy" as the others.
|Apparel||Weapon||Other items||On death|
|-||Bumper sword||Davison's key
radroach meat or
ant meat or dog meat
He and all nightkin within the basement can be killed with no repercussions only after telling him the Stealth Boy shipment is no longer in the facility.
- "I am in command of my faculties! In command of my troops! Antler guides me in all things! As I in turn guide my kin!"
- "I cannot allow. My kin are... not right in head like I am. They attack you on sight. Ghouls too. They crazy."
- "Who is Antler? WHO IS ANTLER? Antler, the human asks about you! What do I tell it? All right. All right... Yes, yes, of course. Who Antler is, not important to you. Antler wants that you deal with me."
Davison appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
- pc The script which monitors whether or not the player has moved Antler is very sensitive and will trigger if Antler has moved even a fraction of a unit in any direction. Furthermore, anything which causes Antler to move, such as a Companion or even Davison himself somehow bumping Antler, will cause Davison to become immediately hostile to the player. [verified]
- pc Davison's hostility can be fixed by using the console, highlighting Davison and entering the command disable, then immediately using enable, and talking to him again. You can also use the command StopCombat.
- pc ps3 xbox360 You may also use a Stealth Boy after Davison's hostility has been established towards you after attempting to interact with him. This will cause him to holster his weapon and become neutral, but Davison will naturally remain hostile to any of your engaged followers except Lily who will activate her own Stealth Boy. If you interact with him again after he turns neutral, he will speak with you. (If you talk to Davison after doing this, he will tell you that all of his kin are gone and he is all alone.) [verified]
- ps3 Davison may not become hostile when moving, shooting or punching Antler off his table. [verified]