I am in command of my faculties! In command of my troops! Antler guides me in all things! As I in turn guide my kin!”
Davison is a nightkin, one of the former elite of the Master's super mutant army. Having lost the guidance of the Master due to his death in 2162 and over time, the prolonged use of Stealth Boys like many nightkin has rendered him paranoid and severely delusional. He is now devoted to "Antler" (in reality a sun-bleached brahmin skull, as the player can comically point out, and which, if knocked over, hit, or shot, will cause Davison to become hostile), following only "his" orders.
Davison has also been in charge of a group of nightkin since before 2162. Their objective is to find Stealth Boys. In 2281, he and his group are located in the basements of the REPCONN test site, having been "sent there" by Antler to find a shipment of Stealth Boys (although the site only contains a pre-War note mentioning the shipment and its destination). Like all nightkin, his skin is pale blue and he wears simple, makeshift, improvised clothing, but has a higher level of intelligence and relatively good diction compared to most others of his kind. This suggests he has not lost most of his sense like other nightkin. In combat, he makes use of a bumper sword, which, due to his great strength as a super mutant, he wields to great effect.
Interactions with the player characterEdit
- Come Fly With Me: Davison and his Nightkin are searching for a shipment of Stealth Boys that has been relocated. Telling him this results in the departure of the nightkin, which allows the Bright Followers access to the basement. However, he will not believe you until he is told about the shipping manifest, which explains that the Stealth Boys were sent to REPCONN by accident.
Effects of player's actionsEdit
- If you have killed most or all the nightkin - including the jailer - this can prompt him to attack you the next time you speak with him. He may immediately turn hostile, or he may tell you that Antler told him you killed all the nightkin before turning hostile.
- If you only kill some of the nightkin, he will mention that some of his flock are missing.
- If you kill all of the nightkin, he will mention that he is all alone, and wonder where the rest of them went.
- Sometimes, if you only kill the jailer, Davison will not notice.
- He will immediately turn hostile if you touch, move, or shoot Antler.
- When he wants you to receive the Stealth Boy shipment from the room Harland is in, he warns you that this ghoul is not as "squishy" as the others.
|Apparel||Weapon||Other items||On death|
|-||Bumper sword||Davison's key
radroach meat or
ant meat or dog meat
He and all nightkin within the basement can be killed with no repercussions only after telling him the Stealth Boy shipment is no longer in the facility.
- "I am in command of my faculties! In command of my troops! Antler guides me in all things! As I in turn guide my kin!"
- "I cannot allow. My kin are... not right in head like I am. They attack you on sight. Ghouls too. They crazy."
- "Who is Antler? WHO IS ANTLER? Antler, the human asks about you! What do I tell it? All right. All right... Yes, yes, of course. Who Antler is, not important to you. Antler wants that you deal with me."
Davison appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
- pc The script which monitors whether or not the player has moved Antler is very sensitive and will trigger if Antler has moved even a fraction of a unit in any direction. Furthermore, anything which causes Antler to move, such as a Companion or even Davison himself somehow bumping Antler, will cause Davison to become immediately hostile to the player. [verified]
- pc Davison's hostility can be fixed by using the console, highlighting Davison and entering the command disable, then immediately using enable, and talking to him again. You can also use the command StopCombat.
- pc ps3 xbox360 You may also use a Stealth Boy after Davison's hostility has been established towards you after attempting to interact with him. This will cause him to holster his weapon and become neutral, but Davison will naturally remain hostile to any of your engaged followers except Lily who will activate her own Stealth Boy. If you interact with him again after he turns neutral, he will speak with you. (If you talk to Davison after doing this, he will tell you that all of his kin are gone and he is all alone.) [verified]
- ps3 Davison may not become hostile when moving, shooting or punching Antler off his table. [verified]