Leave our homes and bodies immediately; live no longer in them, but pass over into places where you can harm no one.”— during ceremony
Branchtender Cypress is a member of the Treeminders and guards the gate at Oasis.
Cypress was born in 2252. Although the Treeminders would love to renounce violence and weaponry, they aren't naive: Cypress is one of the main armed guardians of Oasis. He is generally found patrolling the entrance to the Oasis Caverns. Cypress is 25 years old and used to be a Wasteland adventurer. He is extremely loyal to Tree Father Birch, believing Oasis to be a holy place and Harold a god.
He can be normally found hanging out around the gate to the caves.
Interactions with the player characterEdit
- Oasis: He gives you the key to enter the caves below Oasis.
- If you choose to add Birch's sap to Harold's heart, he gives you a missile Launcher and two missiles.
|Apparel||Weapon||Other items||On death|
|Oasis villager robe
Oasis druid hood
|R91 assault rifle
Brass knuckles or
combat knife or
- "Branchtender Cypress at your service. Welcome to our little home."
- "I was an Outsider like yourself... wandering the world aimlessly, wasting my life trying to seek my fortune. When my eyes beheld the splendor of Oasis, I knew I'd found a holy place. Tree Father Birch allowed me to stay and I've been here ever since."
- "Leave our homes and bodies immediately; live no longer in them, but pass over into places where you can harm no one." – during ceremony
Branchtender Cypress appears only in Fallout 3.
Behind the scenesEdit
Cypress is the common name for Cupressaceae, a family of trees. All of the human residents in Oasis have horticultural names.