Help! Or mayday! Or whatever it is one says on a radio. My name is Rex Goodman. I'm being held prisoner on the top of Trinity Tower. I think the super mutants plan on eating me soon. I'm setting this to repeat. Oh, shit! Gotta sign off, one of the super mutants is coming!”— Rex Goodman, calling for help via Trinity Tower Radio
|Side quest: Curtain Call|
|Investigate the radio broadcast called Trinity Tower Radio|
just north-east of Diamond City, near the Boston Public Library.
|Find the broadcast at Trinity Tower.|
|Fight your way to the top of Trinity Tower.|
|Free Rex Goodman and Strong.|
|Take the side elevators down the building to complete the quest.|
|Reward: 200+ XP|
Strong as a companion
Reginald's suit (male) or Agatha's dress (female)
When the Sole Survivor gets close to Trinity Tower (the tallest building in Boston), the Sole Survivor will receive a distress call from Rex Goodman, who is trapped on the top of Trinity Tower. Once the Sole Survivor listens to the broadcast, they will receive the quest Curtain Call.
Upon entering Trinity Tower, one will be attacked by super mutants and mutant hounds. Over the loudspeaker the Sole Survivor will hear Fist taunt them. Continue up the stairs to the elevator and enter to go up the tower.
Once the Sole Survivor heads up the elevator there will be more super mutants in the area as well as mutant hounds. Go up the stairs to be taunted by Fist again. Once the Sole Survivor goes up another level they will be confronted by more super mutants. On that level is the next elevator up. There is an elevator shaft that the Sole Survivor can fall down that will bring them down four levels into a room that has a safe with an advanced lock. This room can also be accessed by going down a level after the Sole Survivor exits the first elevator.
Having taken the second elevator up, the Sole Survivor is almost at the top of the tower. Once again the Sole Survivor will face more super mutants, however, there will be significantly more on the top so be prepared. Once the Sole Survivor gets to the top of the tower they will meet Fist, who will carry a minigun and can be a tough boss if the Sole Survivor is not prepared. In the cage at the top the Sole Survivor will find Strong and Rex Goodman. They will be locked behind a master locked door however the key is in the steamer trunk next to the weapons workbench nearby. Be sure to grab the Melee bobblehead in the cage where Strong and Rex Goodman are held.
Now that the Sole Survivor has freed them, go across to the construction elevator on the side of the building and press the button. From here the elevator will take the Sole Survivor down a few levels but be careful because mutants will fire at the Sole Survivor and the elevator will stop on purpose. Note that super mutants can throw grenades onto the elevator.
Once the elevator stops and opens the platform to exit, fight the way down a level onto the next and final elevator. Once the elevator stops get off and work your way to the bottom of the tower, the way the Sole Survivor came in. Talk to Rex Goodman to finish the quest, get rewarded with Agatha's dress if your character is a female, and Reginald's suit if your character is a male, and potentially get Strong as the Sole Survivor's new companion.
- Reginald's suit (For male characters)
- Agatha's dress (For female characters)
- Strong (New potential companion)
- The quest can also be started by entering WRVR Broadcast Station. There's a radio tuned to the frequency Rex's plea for help is looping on.
- The Sole Survivor can also talk to Rex's friends at the station mid-quest for some humorous dialogue about his situation.
- pc When taking the side elevator down the building the Sole Survivor's companion will often fall off the building or glitch however they should re-spawn as one leaves the elevator.[verified]
- pc ps4 Rex will get stuck in the building, or even the window washer lift after releasing him, and when you go up to save him he often won't come down. To fix this, pistol whip him until he runs to the exit of the building.[verified]
- pc After retrieving the key from the chest, it does not open the metal door that Rex and Strong are behind. The character can walk straight through the metal door, but cannot open it. Strong and Rex are stuck inside.[verified]