Ahahaha! I am on-line once again! Tremble, world, before my electric heating coil of doom!”— The Toaster
The Cuckoo's Nest is a circular cave with a large outcropping in the center. The cave appears to be a lobotomite den and is littered with corpses, junk, piles of flesh, makeshift shelters, beds, and what appears to be a shrine to the Toaster. There are several hostile lobotomites within the cave, including the unique lobotomite, Test Subject 1.
- The Sink Project: Toaster holotape can be found to the right upon entrance on the bottom of a shelf on a makeshift toaster shrine.
- A protonic inversal axe is on the body of Test Subject 1.
- A number of dolls, resembling those coveted by the swampfolk of Point Lookout are hanging from the I.V. stand beside the surgical table near the back of the cave.
- Below the slope that leads to the cave opening are five graves which can be opened with a shovel.
- As you approach the cave opening, just below it to the right at the bottom of the slope, there is a shiny locker with an Old World Flag painted on its right side in blue, painted by Ulysses.
- Three lobotomites will repeatedly respawn if the cave is cleared earlier, player will encounter them if using fast travel.
- The only lobotomite jumpsuit not worn by a lobotomite can be found here, near a school-board in the northwest area of the cave.
Behind the scenesEdit
This area is a reference to the 1962 novel One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, where the main character had electroshock "therapy" conducted on him to render him docile and was lobotomized near the end of the story.
ps3 The location is prone to slow-down. The area around it may lag significantly, making the cave nearly impossible to get to, and made even more unpleasant by the horde of lobotomites wandering around outside. [verified]