| || For an overview of all mines, see Land mines.|
For an overview of all anti-personnel mines, see Anti-personnel mines.
The cryo mine deals a single point of damage to its target, but also freezes them solid for 3 seconds. Use that time to beat on them with a heavy melee weapon, or score a few headshots with firearms.
These mines can be obtained from Elliott Tercorien after releasing him from stasis and going through the cryo lab with him. He will pick up some cryogenic parts in the area where Beckett and Daniels are frozen which enables him to start making the mines upon return to the engineering core. He will give the Lone Wanderer three cryo grenades and three cryo mines after they wait an hour for him to make them. After that one must wait another 3 hours for him to make two more each time the Wanderer asks.
- The cryo mine was originally a weapon cut from the final version of Fallout 3 for an unknown reason. It does not exist in the final version of the game, nor does it exist as an unused item in the G.E.C.K. editor. However, the mesh and texture are contained within Fallout 3's BSA files, these files however were not used and new meshes and textures were made to replace them in Mothership Zeta (the original mesh and texture were eventually used in Operation: Anchorage as spider drones). Another cryo weapon, the cryolator, exists only as a mesh and textures in Fallout 3's BSA files.
- Reverse pick-pocketing a cryo mine or a cryo grenade, then backing away from the non-player character will freeze the non-player character. While stunned one can pickpocket them at will without being caught.
- pc ps3 xbox360 If the player character is caught in the blast and is are paralyzed, the frost effect will not appear. [verified]
- pc ps3 Picking up a placed cryo mine will give the player character a frag mine instead. [verified]
- pc ps3 xbox360 After the quest "This Galaxy Ain't Big Enough..." Elliott seems to lose the ability to create cryo grenades and mines for the player. [verified]
- xbox360 Cryo mines that are dropped from the inventory, rather than armed and placed, may turn invisible. [verified]