|Side Quest: Cry Me a River|
|Talk to Jerry the Punk at Red Rock Canyon.|
|Talk to Julie Farkas at the Old Mormon Fort.|
|Return to Jerry.|
|Reward: 350 XP|
Jerry the Punk can be found by the fenced in combat area, west of the entrance to Red Rock Canyon during the day. He is the only Khan that is wearing a brahmin-skin outfit. With a Speech check of 33, he tells the player he doesn't really wish to be a Khan and finds far more satisfaction reading poetry. He wants to be somewhere where poetry is appreciated and asks the Courier to speak to the Followers of the Apocalypse on his behalf. Speak with Julie Farkas at the Old Mormon Fort about Jerry wishing to join. After she accepts, travel back to Jerry and tell him the good news.
- If the fiend Cook-Cook is still alive, Jerry can be found dead nearby after you completed the quest. Jerry probably ran into the Fiend gang by accident, and is killed by the gang. (This can be avoided by fast traveling to the Old Mormon Fort immediately after telling him to go there, and maybe waiting a day. He'll be inside the west tower.)
- Jerry sometimes isn't in his normal spot outside the ring, he can be found in the hut with the door open to the northwest of the ring, on the bluff right above it.
- Julie mentions she has been looking for an assistant for Ezekiel, who lives at the 188 Trading Post, but Jerry travels to the Old Mormon Fort instead.
- If your reputation with the Great Khans is Liked (better than Accepted) than the [Speech 25] option for this mission will not appear.
Behind the scenesEdit
- "Cry Me a River" is a popular American torch song (sentimental love song), written by Arthur Hamilton and first performed by Julie London.
- The phrase "cry me a river" is a colloquial sarcasm in response to someone who is perceived to be making unreasonable or excessive complaints.
- pc ps3 xbox360 Sometimes Jerry and two other Great Khans (or more) become hostile when you come back with the good news. [verified]
- xbox360 Jerry's pathfinding causes him to sometimes pace in the dueling ring; this unfortunately causes him to walk right past the Khans attacking the practice dummies. He will subsequently be killed and the quest will fail. Upon the player's return with permission for him to join the Followers, he may still be killed in this fashion, thereby rendering the quest impossible to complete if stuck in this recurring death loop. Jerry can be protected long enough to complete the quest by reverse pickpocketing stronger armor into his inventory. Even if he dies and after accepting the quest, Julie Farkas will still have all associated quest options in her dialogue tree. [verified]
- pc ps3 After completing the quest, Jerry will sometimes be at his hut in Red Rock Canyon instead of being in the Old Mormon Fort. [verified]