Crescent Canyon west
Crescent Canyon west is the western entrance to a gully below a collapsed bridge a little way south of Morning Star Cavern. It is populated by golden geckos, and is strewn with radioactive waste barrels.
Crescent Canyon west is the western side of a large crescent-moon-shaped canyon connecting with Crescent Canyon east, forming a natural barrier along the southern end of the map. The canyon is irradiated, and the Courier may require anti-radiation items and apparel in order to explore it. At the east end of the canyon there is a hollowed-out rock, at the bottom of the hill on the right. There is another on the west side on the left.
- There is an advanced radiation suit roughly half-way through the canyon, near an overturned truck in a marked case.
- Another case contains combat armor.
Crescent Canyon west appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
- ps3 xbox360 pc Some players report the armor case being empty or it may only contain a combat helmet. [verified]
- ps3 When proceeding through the canyon from the north entrance heading south, after passing the first pile of radiation barrels, there is a wrecked out bus. if you climb onto this bus, head toward the missing end, jump onto the boulder at the back of the bus, and walk south over the crest of the boulder; you will fall into part of the terrain and become trapped.[verified]
- xbox360 pc ps3 When Standing near the entrance (Facing away from Morning Star Cavern), on the right-hand side of the canyon you should be able to take the rocks up and out of the map with very little amount of jumping involved. Once you get to the top, there seems to be no invisible wall stopping you from leaving the confines of the map. This trick also allows you to access various previously inaccessible areas of the map, including the Legate's Camp.[verified]