A Vertibird (with the prefab serial number VEM-105 2193), likely from Navarro, lies crashed in a crater east of the old nuclear test site and south of Matthews Animal Husbandry Farm. Hostile hardened sentry bots and/or hardened Mister Gutsies are nearby. These enemies may differ; sometimes the guardians are feral ghouls. A few skeletons and the Tesla-Beaton prototype are near the wreckage.
- The Tesla-Beaton prototype, a unique Tesla cannon, is found at the rear of the crashed aircraft.
- Visiting this site with Arcade Gannon in tow will trigger a recollection that, along with others, is needed to initiate the companion quest For Auld Lang Syne.
- The identification numbers on the vertibird, VEM-105 2193, are the same as those on the vertibird inside the Remnants bunker.
This crashed Vertibird appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
Behind the scenesEdit
- This location, along with the hostile robots encountered upon discovering the location, is a homage to the crashed vertibird found in Klamath Canyon in Fallout 2. Daisy Whitman in Novac mentions that the vertibird suffered from a rotor malfunction over Klamath.
|The following is based on Fallout: New Vegas cut content and has not been confirmed by canon sources.|
- A deceased character named "Vertibird pilot" is included in the resources for Fallout: New Vegas, but not used. Presumably this character was meant to be placed at the crash site at some point during development. Among the dead pilot's inventory is a red sector key card, a further reference to the Klamath Canyon site, more specifically to the yellow reactor keycard found on one of the deceased pilots.
|End of information based on Fallout: New Vegas cut content.|