Coyote tobacco chew
It is not the same plant that is typically processed into tobacco cigarettes. It is based upon the real-world "Coyote Tobacco" plants which grow wild in the Western United States, classified as "Nicotiana attenuata."
Consuming this item gives a 1+ boost to Perception and Agility, and a -30 to Sleep in hardcore mode. It is also possible to become addicted to this item, however; addiction effects are a -1 to Perception and Charisma. With the addition of the Honest Hearts add-on, this item is also used to brew black coffee.
- Westside has 25 harvestable plants: 10 in the planters in the eastern most part of the area (just north east of the North cistern) and 15 in the planters east of the Westside Co-op, 10 in one planter and 5 in another. (Note: some of these plants are owned.) These plants also regrow after a certain amount of in-game days, so they can be an endless supply.
- There are also 1 or 2 loose leaves on a grave in Goodsprings Cemetery.
- Four harvestable plants can be found at Wolfhorn Ranch.
- Six leaves can be found in a duffle bag at the top of a ramp in the train yard immediately North of Boulder City.
- Some can be found at the Mojave Outpost, inside the barracks on the shelf.
- At least two can be found near Ranger station Echo: One directly west of the tower structure (next to some rocks) while the other is very close to the half-way point between the station and Coyote Mines, just west of a water-filled crater (also near rocks).
- Two can be found to the right of Raul's shack.
- One can be found under the water tower some distance directly South of the marker for the Boulder City Ruins on the Local Map.