Ulysses: My name for it. If you have a better one, you grant it - my choice in names won't carry past you and I.”
The Courier's Mile is a location in the Divide in the Fallout: New Vegas add-on, Lonesome Road. The location is "ground zero" for the nuclear missile launched by the Courier during The Launch. The entrance to the area is in the southwest corner of the Hopeville region.
- There is a Stealth Boy on top of a destroyed box, located to the right upon first entering the irradiated area.
- Blood-Nap, a unique Bowie knife, can be found sticking out of a street lamp in front of the entrance.
- In the central building guarded by several deathclaws, several mini nukes can be found in containers.
- A Nuka-Cola Quartz is on the ground in the rubble that forms the barrier at the north-central area of the map. It will be difficult to see before climbing up onto the rubble and looking down. When standing on the campfire in the western part of the marked men camp going straigth north west it is located next to the table with the broken terminal and telephone.
- There is a random set of high-end armor inside a metal box in the very north part of the map, close to where the nuclear warhead is. The metal box is inside a destroyed two-story building to the right of the warhead, next to a fridge, emergency kits, med kits, and ammo boxes.
- There are several ammunition caches in the area, totaling in thousands of special rounds.
- A random mod for Red Glare and shoulder mounted machine gun, along with more ammunition and weapons can be found in several military storage crates underneath the shadow of the vaporized man, towards the southeast.
- A black outline of a person who was vaporized by the nuke is on the second floor wall in the southeast building. In reality, the outline would be reversed; there would be a shadow (comprised of the carbon in the victim's body) instead of an outline.
- Entering this area for the first time will unlock "The Courier's Mile" challenge. Move further near the center if it doesn't activate it right away.
- The area contains two warheads that are required for the Warhead Hunter achievement/trophy/challenge. One is located to the upper right of the rubble wall, very close to several irradiated deathclaws, and the other is located on the lower left wall inside a camp of several irradiated marked men. Destroying these will significantly increase the levels of radiation throughout the area.
- There is a Ralphie poster for the Feel Like A Kid Again challenge, which can be found by taking a right towards the area with irradiated deathclaws. It is above a desk in a ruined building.
- The name of the "Courier's Mile" is given by Ulysses after meeting the Courier outside the Canyon wreckage.
- Irradiated deathclaws patrol the south side while the irradiated marked men stay mostly on the north side. Both sides will eventually cross paths if left to their own devices, which will result in a battle between the two groups. Should the Courier be detected before they fight each other, they will attack them first.
- The radiation levels in the center of the area reach catastrophic levels. The closer to the center, the higher they climb, going beyond 25 rads per second. This also causes the marked men to regenerate health extremely quickly. These two factors alone make the Mile one of the hardest areas to traverse.
- Most food and drink exposed outside are heavily irradiated, while those in the containers or carried by marked men are not.
The Courier's Mile appears only in the Fallout: New Vegas add-on, Lonesome Road.
<imap map-id=2815 />